Salt Lake -based Sensory Sweep faces federal labor complaint, injunction

• WER
    March 19, 2009 2:40 p.m.

Current employee is right on. The problems Sensory Sweep has are directly connected to a Wall Street Bankruptcy.

• Current employee
    Feb. 2, 2009 5:29 p.m.

Whoever filed the lawsuit did the remaining employees a service. It got the Dept. of Labor involved. Their biggest concern is that current employees get paid. Once they're caught up, THEN the past employees will get theirs. If any of the X-sweep guys want to get paid, they should stop trying to bring down the company. If SS goes completely bankrupt, you won't get anything, and neither will anyone else.

And "concerned", I graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I have a family, and I also love video games.

To "thinkin": You are what's wrong with America. You don't understand how freedom of speech works. The problem is not that there is violence in video games. The problem is that parents and stores are not doing enough to keep M rated games (suitable for 17+) out of the hands of children. R rated movies have violence too, but kids aren't supposed to see them. Parents have to do their part if freedom of speech is to be preserved. You can't let the government tell us what media we can and can't see. Ever been to China?

• thinkin
    Jan. 31, 2009 1:50 p.m.

yes, i need to go back to school to learn a few things . like spelling! i miss spelled there, should be "their children". It doesnt take any degree to know that children learn what they live.

• thinkin
    Jan. 31, 2009 1:23 p.m.

well, I respect those people who make some of these video games!Only The games fit for children! I believe that theres to much violent games being made that show our children how to kill and harm. "Shame" on every single one of YOU parents that allow there children to use these games as entertainment! THINK PEOPLE!

• Former employee
    Jan. 29, 2009 6:37 p.m.

I was laid off from Sensory Sweep last November. They currently owe me 3 paychecks, and just as much in overtime (several 60 and 80 hour weeks adds up). After checking with them recently they have again told me that I will get paid when they are on their feet.

Concerned Friend, the video games industry is indeed hard work. I have a bachelors degree in Mathematics, and programmed physics and game logic into what I was working on. It takes a long time before the game is even playable.

• silran666
    Jan. 29, 2009 8:00 a.m.

Have you ever worked in a video game job "concerned"? It is real work, and you end up working until the "wee" hours of the night on a salary, which translates into, once eight hours is up, your on free time. Why do we do it, because we're hoping to put out that game that we can be proud of to attach our name to.
    Unfortunately, at Sensory Sweep, that never happened, and twice I worked on projects that got canceled.
    Don't make blanket statements about an industry you obviously don't understand by what you said.
    We work, we work hard and some people do go home after a long hard day at work and play games or hang out with their family and friends, but we work and the job isn't for everybody.
    Just learn more about the industry before you assume we are all a bunch of high school dropouts with no college degrees, because your wrong.