High school football: Bingham controls ground game to thump Knights

• Anonymous
    Sept. 23, 2008 11:30 a.m.

"haha PG will will win lone peak!" I can't resist the temptation. What will PG do with LP once they "win them"? Never mind, I don't want to know. Note that Bingham didn't "win Lone Peak", they won the game. I didn't even notice the doubling of the word "will" until I used spell check.

• LP Problems
    Sept. 21, 2008 9:11 p.m.

Why does a QB get flustered? NO LINE! The offensive line is like a sieve and the defensive line brings NO PRESSURE. The defense has maybe 3 sacks this season. The offense has given up aprox 15-20 sacks this season. So what do you think the problem is? If the QB can't pass why didn't LP run? Correct answer is no offensive line. They have played fine against 3A teams, have been spanked by good 4A &5A teams. LP has good talent in the skilled positions.
    Not so good at the others. We need to imporve or we will suffer some more bad losses.

• LP Problems
    Sept. 21, 2008 8:22 p.m.

Let's not blame the losses just on LP's line! How many completed passes in the first half? Maybe one! No, LP's QB got flustered and needs to complete passes if LP is to have a chance in region games or post season.

• ALTAFAN
    Sept. 21, 2008 5:30 p.m.

08/22/08 West Jordan 2, Lehi 0 WIN
    08/29/08 West Jordan 40, Mountain View 37 WIN
    09/05/08 West Jordan 35, Olympus 28 WIN
    09/12/08 West Jordan 44, Taylorsville 6 WIN
    09/19/08 West Jordan 20, Hillcrest 17 (OT) WIN
    WOW! Holy crap! Look at that record! Congratulations WJ you played 5 teams that have a combined total of six wins for the season... You honestly think you have a chance here? From looking at your schedule the only way you'll have a chance to win is if Bingham plays their sophs. against you. It's pretty sad when you have to go into OT against Hillcrest. This game is going to be a blowout.

• HAHA
    Sept. 21, 2008 3:29 p.m.

West Jordan.... you won a game off a safety... bring it. we will be happy to end your 5 game win streak with a 35 to 0 loss

• WOW !
    Sept. 21, 2008 3:25 p.m.

Great Victory away from home! West Jordan may be able to put up a fight until the opening kickoff and then it will be all Miners.
    Jags, as usual you have NO chance against the Mighty Miners. Expect to see a big dose of Langi, Soffe, and Peck. Throw in Edmunds with 7-8 catches and it all spells one thing...Death to the Jags perfect record. I predict 50-2. Might a well give you a safety so you can feel like your still playing Lehi. And By the way who chose those uniforms the Jags wear? They may be the ugliest things since the BYU Bibs of the '90. If you can't beat Bingham you should at leas be able to hire a decent fashion consoltant. Those uniforms are dreadful!

• Anonymous
    Sept. 21, 2008 1:12 p.m.

wow LP not a big win honestly just be prepared for WJ we comin at you so hard you won't know what to think can you say 6-0 already?

• Anonymous
    Sept. 20, 2008 8:21 p.m.

Even AF is looking better than LP at this point.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 20, 2008 3:55 p.m.

why all the hype about Lone Peak. The only two teams you played that could possibly win a game in the playoffs absolutely owned you. You had maybe a combined 200 yards of offense against T View and Bingham. I'm sorry, but I don't see it.

• Lp Fan
    Sept. 20, 2008 11:32 a.m.

Lone Peak is still the best team in the state! They will cruise through Region 4! Go LP! Go Obama- Biden! AMEN.

• Gunner
    Sept. 20, 2008 10:59 a.m.

Good win, but too many penalties Bingham. Some drive killers in there. That won't get it done against the upper class teams. Great win though, and great grinding it out. Defense looked great.

• I think
    Sept. 20, 2008 10:02 a.m.

I think lp ends region 4 4 and 1 only loss to PG enless lp improves the line

• PG
    Sept. 20, 2008 9:50 a.m.

haha PG will will win lone peak! but LP does have a harder schedule than PG so it should be a good game in few weeks!!!

• Miners
    Sept. 20, 2008 9:47 a.m.

Great Coaching, much talent, STATE CHAMPS

• LP Fan
    Sept. 20, 2008 9:41 a.m.

Miners did a great job,congrats! Once again LP's
    offensive & defensive line crumble. They have great size but no speed or heart. You better get it together in region play, or you will lose some that you should win. Good Luck

• Miners are for real
    Sept. 20, 2008 7:37 a.m.

I was impressed by the Miners. I'd like to see Bingham play Timpview, but that's a dream. Those two teams would play the 50 yard line to mush.

Knights - no shame in getting the pre-season done at 3 and 2. Now it's on to region play and you'll do great. You've taken on some excellent teams so far and are ready!

• True Blue Layton Fan
    Sept. 20, 2008 1:47 a.m.

Man there's a lot of great games lining up for next week! Bingham, you continue to impress me. Next up against West Jordan. Hmmmmmm......do I smell an upset?

• BT
    Sept. 20, 2008 1:11 a.m.

Prelims are OVER. West Jordan, we're waiting for you. This is gonna be FUN!
    ALTAFAN, your team plays tomorrow, don't they? I'll look for the results. I'm expecting another Alta win. Good luck.
    As always, GOOD LUCK MINERS! (Not that I think you'll need it against West Jordan. I mean, really, 2-0 over Lehi and barely beating Hillcrest?)

• ALTAFAN
    Sept. 20, 2008 12:22 a.m.

Nice job Bingham! Keep the wins rolling! You won and so did JD. If Alta played we would have won too. 5 mile club all the way!