USU, Utah Utes football: Utes ready to tackle fired-up Utah State

• Aggies are Pitiful
    Sept. 13, 2008 9:57 p.m.

Stop the program and stop the bleeding! Where is J.C. Carroll to bring back pride to Logan? Good thing Utah and BYU came to town to give a large crowd because there won't be any WAC BCS money coming to bail your team out this year in that Wisconsin is taking it to Fresno Bulldogs.

It's time to quit football. It isn't fair for your poor students to have to support such a poor program. I know that hoops can't support the football losses. You aren't Duke.

• Aggie Bob
    Sept. 13, 2008 9:47 p.m.

I can't believe people actually make a comparison to high schools?? Grow up. Before you start talkin trash, make sure you have a flawless team to back it up. I saw plenty of embarrassing moments for the utes. How many punt returns did your guy fumble around with? How many sacks did you let us have?

• GrassHOPPER
    Sept. 13, 2008 9:10 p.m.

wow!! i never knew utah state was as terrible as it really is?? why a new coach for starters, just a suggestion 'brain strained in cache valley' they used to be better than LonePeak high school, now i wonder

• Halftime
    Sept. 13, 2008 7:46 p.m.

30-7. Aggies are horrible. We spotted you 7 points and then you allowed 30. U-G-L-Y, You aint got no alibi, you ugly.

• USU by 3
    Sept. 13, 2008 4:44 p.m.

Let's see what excuses the Utes come up with when they lose.

• re: wow
    Sept. 13, 2008 11:24 a.m.

Its people like you who almost make me want to cheer for byu. I thought ute fans were more classy than that.

• bob carlisle
    Sept. 13, 2008 11:17 a.m.

remember when the ags upset maafalla, dyson, and company two years strait, its a trap game i tell ya

• Anonymous
    Sept. 13, 2008 11:13 a.m.

I'm sure the aggies are fired up, them and their 25 fans who actually forked over 30 and 50 dollars to watch a blow out.

• Brabbit
    Sept. 13, 2008 10:53 a.m.

Make them remember this one for a long time. GO UTES!!!!

• Brian
    Sept. 13, 2008 10:35 a.m.

It is sad how apathetic USU fans have become. Scott Barnes are you listening?

• RE; wow
    Sept. 13, 2008 10:34 a.m.

Don't get to big for your britches. I went the first ten years of my life without seeing a victory over BYU but Utah has had the edge over them over the last 15 years (full props to the Y the last 2 years).
    My point is the U got a fresh start with Mac and did some very positive things, I wish the same for State.
    (just not this weekend)

• aggiefan74
    Sept. 13, 2008 10:29 a.m.

Hey Coach Guy: you don't have to win this in-state game (I just can't bring myself to use the word rivalry) with the Utes to come out of this with some sense of accomplishment. Just keep the loss to 14 points or less. I actually believe this is a realistic goal for the Aggies. From past experiences, I beleive that Coach Whittingham has a soft spot for USU. I say this because he typically inserts Utah's second and third string players in the second or third quarter of the USU game. Unfortunately this is an extremely important game for USU-not so much in terms of an obvious need for a win, but perhaps more importantly,the need to "recruit" quality Utah high school players. Nobody wants to play for a perennial doormat in Division 1 football regardless of their geographical and personal ties to USU. What happened to Rielly Nelson??? Did BYU impress upon the kid his obligation to serve the church (I am trying to be PC here) through standing on the sidelines in Provo or did he recognize a long-term train wreck in Logan. I hope sometime in the next decade the word "rivalry" actually means something again.

• Boistros Crowd
    Sept. 13, 2008 8:04 a.m.

Whit expects a full house and a boistrous crowd? Umm, probably at least half of that full crowd - and the more boistrous half at that - will be decked out in crimson and cheering for the Utes.

• Wow!
    Sept. 13, 2008 5:36 a.m.

A "fired up Utah State". What are the Utes going to do? Worse case scenario for the Utes...... After 3 quarters of football, the Utes got bored and went home.......... The Aggies were then scored 7 plays later....... Give me a break, Utah State should be playing high school teams. They should not play Utes to waste a good football afternoon. However, they are my favorite team in the nation when they play YBU..errrrr BYU, just like every other team that plays them. Lets get rid of the waste of time Utah State series and move up to teams such as Bear River High School.

• Negative Ned
    Sept. 13, 2008 1:00 a.m.

I guess this makes me an unTrue Aggie, but I'm fine with the break in the series. We haven't competed with BYU or Utah for years now. At least back in the 90s, even though we usually lost, we still made it a battle. We're just not in their league anymore. Weber State might be a better rival now. And it kills me to say it.