High school football: Felt's Football Facts

• Alta & Bingham
    Sept. 17, 2008 4:58 p.m.

Alta is # 1 for a reason. 27 for 29 wins, Bingham counts for the only 2. Did you hear me? Bingham and Alta are the best teams out there.

• Davis-Layton
    Sept. 17, 2008 8:12 a.m.

Davis didn't exactly stick it to Clearfield. You were down 3-0 at half and then pulled away. Layton is going to pound the Darts.

• TRue Blue Layton Fan
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:01 a.m.

Davis Man, let's get real. Layton is going to run AND pass all over the Davis D. Although an interesting matchup, with Layton being the top scoring 5A school in the state right now, vs the tied for the top D scoring in the state. Davis' offense is too inconsistent to go up against the Layton D.....and Layton's O is way to powerful. WE'll see about the rumor that LaVaughn Jackson will be back this week. Hope so, so he can get some reps in and be 100% for the game of the year the week after....Layton hosting NOrthridge.

Layton wins 30-9.

• Davis Man
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:27 p.m.

Davis stuck it to Clearfield. The Lancers are next.

• Wow
    Sept. 13, 2008 7:54 a.m.

Incredible facts and statistics. Thank you!

• Night Rider
    Sept. 12, 2008 11:25 p.m.

You are finally getting smart. Hint...dont bet against PG the reat of the way as they will run the table until the State Tournament. Then its anyones game......Go PG! Another Rout!!

• Football Fanatic
    Sept. 12, 2008 2:02 p.m.

Thanks again Friday Night Rider I agree with you Salem is a new team with much room to improve, but I will continue rooting for them throughout the season! Lookin forward to your picks next week!!

• Friday Night Rider
    Sept. 12, 2008 1:36 p.m.

Hey Football Fanatic- thanks for all the support that is awesome. I actually really like Salem Hills and always root for them, because I think in every game they are basically the underdog- being a new school and all. I actually picked that Salem would win last week, and they didn't. Although I think it will be a close game, I am predicting Union to come out on top 21-17- however, I don't know much about Union, so I could be completely wrong. I would love to see Salem Hills do well and make the playoffs- I would love it even more if they beat Logan- because that would be so SWEET!

• Football Fanatic
    Sept. 12, 2008 12:37 p.m.

Friday Night Rider what do you think about the Salem Hills skyhawks? Will they beat Union? Love to hear your opinion and i check your picks every week keep it up!!!

• Friday Night Rider
    Sept. 12, 2008 11:34 a.m.

Last week I went 20-11 for 65% pushing my overall total to 30-15 for a 67% Here a my picks for this week... I would love to know what you think.

Davis 28 Clearfield 10
    Dixie 28 Bishop Gorman 21
    Pine View 35 Las Vegas 24
    Ogden 17 Uintah 10
    Bear River 21 Raymond (Canada) 10

*= Games of the Week!

• Boo Bam
    Sept. 12, 2008 11:11 a.m.

Highland is actually Co-Region champs the last two years, sharing the honor with East.

• Great
    Sept. 12, 2008 10:14 a.m.

Just a note .... Juan Diego wasn't dedicated until 1999 and I believe their first season was the same or 2000. 1990 was a little early. Thanks for all the great information .......

• Dick?
    Sept. 12, 2008 9:38 a.m.

Dick who?

• jed W
    Sept. 12, 2008 8:01 a.m.

when is Dick going to publish his high school fact book again. I have been looking for a copy, or would especially love an updated version.