Flying high — Hill Aerospace Museum captures spirit of flight

• To the Volunteers
    Sept. 10, 2008 1:58 a.m.

I feel the same way as those others who have left nice comments about the museum. And I also want to thank the volunteers who are there. A few years back, I spoke with one gentleman, in particular, who told me about how massive and dangerous the bombing raids over Berlin were. It's humbling and an honor to hear stories first-hand out of the mouths of people who lived it. Thanks again!

• Great Museum
    Sept. 9, 2008 7:48 p.m.

I think that the Hill museum is awesome! When I lived in Utah, I would take my kids there.

I have been to several other aviation museums around the country, and I think that Hill would rank as the best if not one of the best in the country.

SR-71, B1B, B52, several F4s, F105, A-10, B25, B17, and many other aircraft you don't see all over the place

• John
    Sept. 9, 2008 5:47 p.m.

Hill AF Museum is a GREAT operation, and highly recommended for individuals, or families, or groups.

Well done and THANK YOU to all the volunteers who help make it operate.

• Raymond Takashi Swenson
    Sept. 9, 2008 10:58 a.m.

The HIll AFB Museum really is amazing. I have visited many Air Force museums in the course of a 20 year Air Force career, as well as the Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian in Washington, and Hill does one of the better jobs of telling the story of military aircraft and their role in history. On one visit to Hill, a former belly gunner for a World War II bomber told us what it was like to sit in that bubble of plexiglas while the plane was being attacked over Germany. I hope they can preserve those personal stories in permanent exhibits, and then produce a DVD that serves as a virtual tour of the museum and the history of its planes, as well as a history of Hill and its influence on Utah and crucial service to America.

• Museum visitor
    Sept. 9, 2008 10:16 a.m.

I have been to the Hill AFB museum several times. It's great. We are fortunate to have something like this so close to us.

• Ron Tew
    Sept. 9, 2008 8:07 a.m.

I am anxious to vist your museusm. Hill AFB was my first training assignment before embarking on a lenghty world-wide career as a flight control technical representativeon onmany different aircraft.