High school football: Momentum shift lifts Lone Peak over Viewmont

• VHSgrammarPOLICE
    Sept. 5, 2008 6:39 p.m.

"You saw a lot more class at Lone Peak this year than you did last year at AF, didn't you?"

You know, ambiguous syntax helps no one and confuses everyone.

• lp
    Sept. 3, 2008 2:02 p.m.

andrus for state mvp

• Parent
    Sept. 2, 2008 11:18 a.m.

It does make a difference when the parents in the stands are supportive of the coaching staff rather than constantly tear down. And that's a lot easier to do when a team is winning like this one is.

I hope this love fest lasts! Coach McGeary is working hard and so are the boys, but even if they lose, the kids need support and so do the coaches so let's keep it up no matter what the W/L record.

• lp fan
    Sept. 1, 2008 7:37 p.m.

um state thats all

• LP parents
    Sept. 1, 2008 4:41 p.m.

I'm proud of our Lone Peak boys in more ways than one. I'm also proud of the support and enthusiasm of the student body. There is a different feel in the stands this year; I think a lot of things factor into that, but I know Coach MCgeary deserves a lot of the credit. Thanks Coach! I know you don't like to read these things anyway but I speak for a lot of LP parents when I express a great deal of gratitude for ALL you do from the bottom of my heart. GO KNIGHTS!!

• morgan??
    Aug. 31, 2008 8:47 p.m.

thats a joke morgan wouldnt even let them play both ways ha the only reason they are good is because tony is letting them play to there full potential

• To Viewmont fans
    Aug. 30, 2008 10:31 p.m.

• Morgan
    Aug. 30, 2008 10:27 p.m.

Don't forget that one reason these players are so much better this season is because coach Morgan played alot of them last year when they were juniors and sophomore.

• Re: anonymous
    Aug. 30, 2008 10:08 p.m.

So what if you are missing 2 key LB's. Every team has to deal with injuries etc. that's why its called a team sport. Step up and make it happen and stop making excuses!

• Anonymous
    Aug. 30, 2008 4:36 p.m.

Viewmont did alot of sleeping in that game..props to whoever that kid is blocking for (26 i think) Viewmonts QB-without him that QB would feeling some serious pain his blocks are allowing him key plays Viewmont is a much better team that we have seen the past two weeks..they are missing two key LB's can't wait to see what next week brings

• What a crowd!
    Aug. 30, 2008 4:26 p.m.

There was more enthusiasm in the stands than I can remember. The student body has made it their goal to show more support and spirit and it sure showed at the game. Not only was the game great from a Lone Peak perspective, but the band contributed enormously to the positive feeling and the students were very loud and supportive. The players felt the difference! Keep up the good work.

• fan
    Aug. 30, 2008 1:21 p.m.

I also think congrats should go to the LP assistant coaches-like the current head coach, they are proven winners. Keep up the good work.

• a fan
    Aug. 30, 2008 1:01 p.m.

Wow, I love comments like the one above from the Viewmont parent! I am a LP parent and I am happy to hear that our kids represented LP well last night. I couldn't be at the game, but I have heard nothing but positive reports about the fans (black out attire was everywhere), the cheerleaders (who are much better this year at getting the crowd involved) and of course the team! Congrats Viewmont on the trick play that brought you back in the game, sounds like i missed a great one.

• LP Fan Again!
    Aug. 30, 2008 12:36 p.m.

LP will Take the state title without a single knot in the rope! They have th best coach who has proven himself! The QB is a stud! And im a LP Homer and a Troll!

• Anonymous
    Aug. 30, 2008 12:32 p.m.

average team against another average team equals an average game. Viewmont is overrated and never deserves the rankings they recieve.

• LP Coach
    Aug. 30, 2008 12:13 p.m.

Viewmont parent, that means a lot.....honestly that is more important sometimes than winning and losing

• Viewmont parent
    Aug. 30, 2008 11:14 a.m.

Congrats to LP! I hate to see our Viewmont boys get beat, however, LP is a class act. They have a great team, great kids and coaches who play hard but have a lot of character. I have never been more impressed with an opposing team than I was last night. Now that they got us, I hope LP wins every game unless we see them in a state game. Great job.

• Region 1
    Aug. 30, 2008 10:18 a.m.

Two key plays: Viewmonts muffed punt which gave LP it's first score, and the 27 yard gain in the 4th when it was 3rd and 35 and VM had momentum. Congrats to LP for capitalizing on those opps.

• Anonymous
    Aug. 30, 2008 9:16 a.m.

McGeary is changing the feel of football at Lone Peak. Fun and excitement are in the air. The boys seem to love and respect him, and boy big things can happen with that combination.
    Way to go Coach!

• LP Fan
    Aug. 30, 2008 7:28 a.m.

Praise to the Lone Peak Knights who Rule Utah high school football!!! We will dominate and take state -- simply the best anywhere!!! Go LP!!! AMEN.

• BAC
    Aug. 30, 2008 2:38 a.m.

Congrats to Lone Peak. Coach McGeary has the team moving in the right direction.