MormonTimes.com: Pres. Monson dedicates Twin Falls temple

• Dale
    Aug. 25, 2008 10:42 p.m.

To Sacrifice,

Well as long as you feel peace, the truth doesn't matter. As long as you have personal satisfaction, exploitative religious leaders take poor people's money by promising them castles in the sky after they die.

But as long as your happy...

• Sacrifice is required
    Aug. 25, 2008 4:18 p.m.

If you want to become Christlike, sacrifice is required. These buildings do require sacrifice but they are worth it. I believe they have added more to my life than 10% of my income.

Some may say that I am gullable. I feel peace and that is all that matters.

• SeriousAsker
    Aug. 25, 2008 2:56 p.m.

I saw the TV coverage on the Twin Falls TV station. President Monson somehow inadvertently singled out for mention a little boy who had cancer and his mother. President Monson implied that somehow the hand of God was involved in "telling" him to notice these two people. My question is, what happens next? Is there any special significance in the Lord telling President Monson to notice these people? Does that mean a cure is on the way. I am having a little problem in figuring out the significance, especially to the little boy and his mother, in their being "noticed" by President Monson. Please help me as I am a serious inquirer trying to understand the LDS faith and doctrines.

• magicvalley grandma
    Aug. 25, 2008 1:56 p.m.

As I've somewhat followed the Olympics on the other side of the world, and noted the world leaders, the talent, the top athletes of the world be honored and rightly so for their efforts, I could only think Sunday night, that while all that was going on, WE had a prophet of the Lord in our midst.

• Bobo
    Aug. 25, 2008 1:18 p.m.

Another great and spacious building funded from the required tithing dollars of poor people who scrimp and toil just to survive, but the Church takes 10% of their livelihood. Meanwhile, the executives of the LDS Church live in luxury, with nice cars, nice food, the best health care, all the perks, and nice, large stipends for their personal use, and they build these very expensive buildings that only the elite in the Church get to actually use.

Something is not right in Salt Lake City.

• krcdeclo
    Aug. 25, 2008 11:02 a.m.

What a pleasure and a blessing it has been to participate in the cultural celebration and the dedication of our Twin Falls Temple. I and several other leaders from our stake and the other 13 stakes have worked diligently and tirelessly for several months. I had a Stake leader say to me a few weeks ago, "Won't you be glad when this is over?" My truthful and tearful answer was, "No! I've enjoyed every single minute working with the youth and adults! I will miss this so much!" Thanks to everyone that put in time, energy and effort. Where on earth could an event as big in scope and vision have happened? The transformation of the arena was in itself a miracle. I marvel at the goodness and commitment of members of our church and the vision they have to make something a lasting and wonderful memory! Thanks to our wonderful, wholesome and spirited youth! You were FANTASTIC! Carry on in the faith and remember President Monson's blessing to you.

• Anonymous
    Aug. 25, 2008 10:17 a.m.

We are so grateful to have a temple in our area. No more driving for two hours to serve in the temple. Our son was one of the workers on the temple and we feel it such a privilege for that. Only the BEST is used for a temple and if something isn't perfect it must be redone with the best of materials. It will last for hundreds of years. The leaders have worked on this celebration for about two years and they and the youth did a fantastic job. The Celebration was a tremendous sight to behold. The Chairman over the whole celebration worked so diligently for two years and died just two days before the celebration. He gave his all. We loved seeing President Monson and enjoyed his sense of humor at the dedication. He is a wonderful man, prophet and president of the church. I thank God for our Prophet.

• Grama Jane
    Aug. 25, 2008 7:22 a.m.

I was blessed to get to help with costumes for the cultural event, though I got shingles part way though and a dear relative took over till I could again help. I was further blessed to have a short duration of the outbreak, and so was sewing again after only 10 days. I super enjoyed getting to see the cultural event live, 7 rows above where the Prophet sat and 2 people to his left. I had my ticket to attend the dedication of the temple via technology media, but after getting dressed to go, I stopped on my way to visit my mother before going on to the dedication. I felt impressed to stay with her though I would miss the dedication. I did the right thing as she died a few hours later. I feel maybe the Heavenly Throng in our area for the dedication, helped her be able to let go of this earthly life, as she'd been a temple worker too. I'm so thankful for our closer temple, and the Plan of Salvation, to know I will see her again. I miss her but it's ok. Death is a graduation from Heavens' boarding school.

• awesomeron
    Aug. 24, 2008 11:42 p.m.

When you prepare for over 4 month for something it usually turns out to be Anti Climatic and the thought you most have is Thank God Its Over. About 10 years ago, my Daughter now 27, and a friend took part in A Pioneer Celebration in Portland Or. We lived about 90 miles away (Sheridan) and it required a few trips to Portland. The event was held a Portlands AAA Ballpark. The Wife and I went as we had to do transportation anyway) and sat under cover so when it rained we did not get wet. The weather held pretty good and it turned out to be a wonderful event. What this goes to, is the Little Girl and President Monson (who I love dearly), putting the Mortar on the Corner Stone. She will always remember that event, in part because some people will never let her forget it. It kind of sets her out and her fish bowl will be looked into more closely then some others. Both a good thing and a bad thing depending on how she copes with it.

• Idahoan
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:03 p.m.

Also participated through satellite broadcast. Wonderful!

• David in CA
    Aug. 24, 2008 7:32 p.m.

This is a great thing to have a new temple.

I'm sure that the Lord is pleased with those
    who care and will participate in the Temple
    Ordinances at the new temple.

Lord Bless...

• Hailey Hope's
    Aug. 24, 2008 5:55 p.m.

A bunch of leaders prepared youth from the Wood River Valley for 4 months to participate in this Youth Cultural Celebration. Seeing the final performance last night brought tears to my eyes.

This was a fantastic event. Three of my own children participated.

• Anonymous
    Aug. 24, 2008 4:18 p.m.

I attended the dedication via a stake center good to have temple here and feel of the spirit.