Biden likely to strengthen Obama in many areas

• Mark B
    Aug. 24, 2008 7:12 p.m.

The GOP had control of all three branches of government until Democrats took narrow control over Congress in the last election. How did that control work out - for the country? Let's see, bloated budget, unpopular war, FBI and Justice Department out of control, secrets everywhere, signing statements override Congress, poor economy, illegal prisons, torture, declining world prestige to match weak dollar, botched reaction to a natural disaster. Just which part of all that was McCain supposed to fix? And who's available to help that wasn't part of the problem?

• To Re to what advantage
    Aug. 24, 2008 5:16 p.m.

Right on! Classrom doesn't equal but It sure as heck equates to intelligence, and 5th from the bottom opposed to top of the class tells me alot. Don't hand us the military service thing either. He used influence to get any command he got not to mention the 3 aircraft he lost due to pilot error, which was overlooked by the brass. I have done the miliraty thing big time and know that any pilot that loses and aircraft due to pilot error, doesn't fly again. The only thing Mcbush's military blow is smoke. His Miliary service (prison time excluded) is the biggest farce Mac pulled on this country. Its all smoke and mirrors. Check with us in 8 years and we will review Obama's presidency and compare. nice try on the Script! Oh and I forgot to mention that I will take Obama's 90% against Macs 95%.

• Re to what adavantage
    Aug. 24, 2008 2:20 p.m.

Classroom doesn't equal experience. Obama doesn't have real world experience in dealing with many things a president has to deal with. He knows nothing about military, foreign policy, economy and domestic issues. McCain may lack in some but he is still head and shoulders above Obama in all of these. Dont give me that community organizer junk either. It is meaningless. If you would like to compare Obama's resume to that of McCain's then go ahead. Because Obama still comes out lacking. McCain's Military exp alone blows away anything Obama can put out there. Being put in command and leadership positions in the Navy just blows away communtiy organizer and teaching any day out of the year. Then you have his senate exp, armed service commitee, commerce commitee, Indian affairs commitee etc..... What has Obama done?????? that's right, he is riding the coat tails of Bidens exp.

One last thing, McCain has already shown that he can cross the aisles to work with Democrats to get things done numerous times. While Obama voted with his party over 90% of the time. I think we know who the only one capable of changeing anything is and it is not Obama.

• davidutefan
    Aug. 24, 2008 1:18 p.m.

Go to the south, really talk to people and then voice your opinion. My son recently returned from a mission in Tennessee and Virginia and Kentucky. LDS in the west have no understanding of the depth of mistrust of mormons among evangelicals. They will not show up en masse to vote for any mormon on any ticket. They will not admit this to pollsters any more than southeners will admit that some of them will not pull the lever for a black man. they don't want to admit to their bigotry.

• To What Advantage
    Aug. 24, 2008 12:57 p.m.

You and thre rest of the Cons. hit the repeat button and hand us the " Obama has no experience" I have yet to hear one of you tell us just what experience he needs. Put your money where your mouth is an tell us in detailjust where is he lacking. Didn't he finish low enough in his graduating class. Doesn't he understand government and the law. Would he be incapable of working with other nation and leaders, hasn't he belonged to the good ole boy club long enough? We all agree that McBush has done nothing in the way of leadership. He has led a pretty sterling life of example of riding others coat-tails. Give us those wonderful examples of McBush out front leading the troops that must be hidden in the archives, Just one time tell us!

• To Whopper
    Aug. 24, 2008 12:24 p.m.

So what's your point???? Do you have the inside tract on what evangelicals are going to do? You are the one who seems desperate. Yes, indeed, four years of McCain/Romney!!!. What a ticket! McCain/Romney will clean the Obama/Biden clock at the polls. The American people will not be fooled. In the privacy of the election booth, the moment of truth will have arrived and they will vote McCain/Romney. The last I checked, we are not electing a citizen of the world with globalist ideas. We are electing a president of the United States of America who in his oath of office swears to protect America from all enemies--foreign and domestic, including the likes of Barak Obama. America, forever!

• 2 out of 3
    Aug. 24, 2008 12:16 p.m.

National Journal Most Liberal Senators

Obama, Barack, D-Ill.
    Whitehouse, Sheldon, D-R.I.
    Biden, Joseph, D-Del.

Washington Insider, top 3 liberal Dem. What is Obama trying to change? I am still waiting too see this change, he has had plenty of oppurtunities but has failed to deliver and only disappoint.

• What advantage??
    Aug. 24, 2008 12:10 p.m.

Biden may have 30 plus years experience but he is number 2 on the ticket. Which still means Obama has no experience and now that he chose Biden..well, it really stands out. Them two looked like Philip Drummond and Arnold Jackson on that stage.

• Whopper
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:48 a.m.

10:18 Aug. 24, 2008

"...from ARKANSAS to say her CONSERVATIVE (K)LAN are praying for McCain to choose Romney as his VP and the WHOLE (K)LAN WILL COME HOME."

LOL

The CONS are so DESPERATE they will EAT(JIM)CROW as well as vote for the INFIDEL?

LOL

Evangelicals will sit this one out rather than give the keys to the WHITE HOUSE to a (FORMER PRO CHOICE) CUT AND RUN ALSO-RAN!

Joe Biden is a "baaaaad choice"? You only get flak when you are over the target. Joe is on target. The CONS will be EXPOSED AND DEFINED by one who is never afraid to tell it like it is.

FOUR MORE YEARS OF BUSH/MCAIN?

• Sheesh
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:29 a.m.

I find it sad that one thing being emphasized about Biden is he will lead the attacks on McCain. Why does it always have to be about who slings the most mud? I keep hoping for the day when politicians will campaign on issues instead of mud and will tell their side honestly instead of flip flop.

Yeah I know. I'm deluding myself.

• Nexu
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:16 a.m.

it is interesting to see that no matter what the politicians do, the public had already pre-judged them. The general public is hard to pleased but I guess we should be grateful that we live in a country where we can freely expressed our views and not get scrutinized......LOL!!

• The Truth and Nothing But
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:18 a.m.

Watch out, Joe, the extent to which you become a snarling attack dog. Watch out for flying glass-- you live in a glass house yourself. I have watched your speeches since your acceptance. Your speeches contain nothing new and are boring--just four more years of George Bush's administration, etc. etc. ad nauseum. It is particularly nauseating the way you Dems continue to play the class card. Won't work. Joe Biden is a baaaaad choice, another example of Obama's bad judgement or bowing to the pressure of the Kennedys--either way, bad judgement. Go, McCain, choose Romney and the conservative rebels will come home, even my 85-year old evangelical matriarch aunt called me from Arkansas to say that she and her conservative clan are praying for McCain to chose Romney as his VP and the whole clan will come home. Claiming that the evangelicals will not vote for Romney is an oft repeated myth and is FALSE.

• djc
    Aug. 24, 2008 10:08 a.m.

Great choice. Being president is about vision - people on your staff can have the ability and Biden appears to have ability. I still don't know who to vote for, though, neither candidate seems to completely know what the real issue is - energy independence! It's at the root of the war, global warming and polution, standard of living - all our national problems!

• Ralph
    Aug. 24, 2008 9:53 a.m.

I love that high pitched whine of panic. The Pubs are a pathetic bunch right now! The only hope they have is praying that the Obama camp will Gaffe it up. Oh did I forget to mention that I got thrown in jail for Jaywalking, I'm thinking that must qualify me for some public office, maybe mayor next time around. Hey all you sheep, get in line over here, we're gonna follow these dudes off the cliff! Biden a great pick! Obama just placed the dagger! Before you get to excited and label me as a typical lib fanatic, This will be the first time I have voted Dem. since JFK.

• DL Rupper
    Aug. 24, 2008 9:43 a.m.

I'm glad Obama picked Biden. He needed some adult supervision.

• Jeff
    Aug. 24, 2008 8:50 a.m.

What a great day to be a conservative! Obama could have picked Hillary and won the election easily....instead, he picks the biggest punching bag on his side of the aisle. To paraphrase Biden himself..."the presidency does not lend itself for on the job training..."

Advantage: Mac

• Man in the mirror
    Aug. 24, 2008 8:38 a.m.

Great, the Kennedy clan help Obama pick a poor man's John McCain. Watched all the weekend cable shows get giddy about Biden. Reminds me of the time my high school buddy was excited about his first car. New paint job, new tires and rims and even a new air freshener. But at the end of the day he still owned a Chevy Vega. Biden is a poor, over-thought choice and it shows Obama's judgement is that of a rookie being influenced by the dying political dynasty of the Kennedy's.

• Mc
    Aug. 24, 2008 8:20 a.m.

He looks as old as McCain and has had serious health issues!

• So much for CHANGE
    Aug. 24, 2008 3:28 a.m.

How is he going to change things by picking the most partisan politician of the last 3 decades?