Bush's parting shots bad for environment

• justamacguy
    Aug. 18, 2008 9:50 p.m.

Let's see.... the ESA has a failure rate of 98%. Sounds like a program worth maintaining...

• Bushwacked Again
    Aug. 17, 2008 8:54 p.m.

If the press in this nation began reporting about the various departmental rule and regulation changes done within various departments and agencies that defiled the environment, cheated workers of the wages, made work places more dangerous, eliminated safety controls of our food and consumer products, this sense of entitlement they have to turn this country's resources into a candy store to distribute to industry cronies might not have been allowed to fester into the monstrous creature it is.

The way governmental agencies have been hollowed out and rendered incapable (thus giving us the misleading appearance of Bush League incompetence) it is unlikely that our government won't work well again without much internal reorganization and work.

Hopefully the new administration will be up to the task of addressing this problem in addition to all the other significant issues already under discussion.

• Dave'sBrain
    Aug. 17, 2008 4:43 p.m.

You guys...it doesn't matter how often it's said, you just don't get it. The "bugs" and "weeds" that you despise are part of what holds nature together FOR the people. The Endangered Species Act is all about keeping Earth livable FOR PEOPLE. The measure of how well Earth is doing? "Are the nonhuman residents doing okay, or are they going belly-up?" When we keep conditions such that the other species are still in the game, it bodes well for us. When we start ignoring the species blinking out right and left...it should have the same effect on us as a red light flashing on our dashboard.

• lost in DC
    Aug. 17, 2008 3:18 p.m.

You believe Bonnie Erbe? She could not write an objective artice about Bush if her life depended on it. He could find a cure for AIDS, end world poverty, bring peace to the entire world, and the left's Rush Limbaugh would castigate him for something.

• Hey GT
    Aug. 17, 2008 2:23 p.m.

While you Republicans make a bloody nightmare out of this earth, we liberals are trying to conserve what's left. You simply don't care, do you?

• GT
    Aug. 17, 2008 11:15 a.m.

Too bad you people can't find something better to worry about, plants and animal life become extinct, happens all the time. My only wish is that some gigantic prehistoric creature would walk through your neighborhood and step on your house, then we would hear you screaming a different tune, should you survive. The liberal agenda is about mind control, and it is obvious from 3 of the 4 current postings that you are living proof of this. Sadly, you complain that this is all about oil, which by the way is a major part of your everyday lives. Not just as a fuel to power your vehicle, but in just about everything you own or use. Oil plays a role in the production of just about everything we come in contact with, and without it, you will find yourselves living a life of Little House on the Prairie. If that's what you want, fine, move to a remote location of the world, but leave the rest of us out of your pathetic cry for attention. Oh and Aldo.....if liberals manage to initiate socialistic control, your legs, too late, WILL be kicked out from underneath you. Common sense people, get some!

• Dave
    Aug. 17, 2008 8:57 a.m.

It all depends on what you care more about. Bugs and weeds or people.

• Aldo
    Aug. 17, 2008 8:40 a.m.

I blame the Republican footsoldiers who have long given Mr. Bush the cover he needs to do the atrocious things he does. One thing the Bush tenure has done is made me a life-long enemy of the Republican Party, about which I was formerly neutral. This in spite of the fact that my beloved parents are Republican, and I was originally registered a Republican. I do not hate the people - that would be unChristian indeed - but I will stand in opposition to the leadership of the GOP as long as I have legs.

• stevo
    Aug. 17, 2008 8:26 a.m.

We have not seen nothing yet...look for bush to give away public lands, oil leases, and cripple all laws and regulations as a final kiss to his oil masters, he will of course do this with a executive privlage swipe of his pen.

• Denise
    Aug. 17, 2008 6:42 a.m.

I thought I might loose my lunch when I first heard about this, this administration makes me literally sick.

BUT, how do I help block this? Who do I call, write, picket...??