Weber State football: Mac's crew is ready to lead 'Cats

Many were recruited by the coach 4 years ago

• Get Real Snow College
    Aug. 14, 2008 10:35 p.m.

Yeah Snow might win(?!), but only because of the D-I Prop 48 kids and other players who are not immediate academic qualifiers who go to JCs to play and get eligible.

Not to mention other players that are "hidden" by top D-I programs to get them reps and full game experience while waiting out the stud above them on the D-I depth chart to either graduate, get injured, or leave early for the NFL Draft.

How do you think Croshaw was so successful at Dixie College? Same formula!

If Snow College recruited the same way NCAA institutions had to, it would be a whole different ball game.

• Cats Fan
    Aug. 10, 2008 9:08 p.m.

Webers Offense looks great the Running Back from Oklahoma will be thier secret weapon this year he looks phenomonal!!

• Snow
    Aug. 9, 2008 8:19 p.m.

Are you kidding me?

• Wildcat 50
    Aug. 8, 2008 3:49 p.m.

Hawaii is having QB problems, #1 Graunke is not practicing with the team. The offense sputters at best, too many intangibles with new WR's and QB's. 2 RB's are out with injuries right now, Offensive line is not established.

Defense is good, LB's are solid, very solid. However, UH is flying commercial to play Tim Tebow and company in FL, and that's a long flight to lose big on National TV. UH will overlook Weber State, and they will be very ripe for an upset. last year northern colorado was in the game until latter part of 3rd quarter, and UH had all of their big guns then...

do you believe........it can happen.

• Snow College
    Aug. 8, 2008 3:44 p.m.

Mac is by far a better coach than Whittingham......But WSU couldn't beat the Snow Badgers on their best day.....GO SNOW!

• Josh
    Aug. 8, 2008 3:23 p.m.

Looking forward to seeing Coach Mac play the Utes. It's more an exhibition game for Utah but it'll be nice to give him a nice homecoming.

• Bring it CATS!
    Aug. 8, 2008 12:18 p.m.

ANTICIPATION! Can't wait to see the dynamics of this team.. Might have to buy a ticket to paradise to see the WILDCATS play HAWAII!

• Go Cats
    Aug. 8, 2008 11:56 a.m.

I hope Weber beats Utah. They might just be able to do it this year.

• diehardcat
    Aug. 8, 2008 11:57 a.m.

Oh yeah, watch Maile lead block. He is the linebacker killer. Its why he's all big sky.

• diehardcat
    Aug. 8, 2008 11:52 a.m.

Higgins is a stud and so is etuati and smith, but look out for Maile, this guy is legit NFL stats. Strong as an ox, good head. I hope he gets alot of touches this year.

• Wildcat 50
    Aug. 8, 2008 11:35 a.m.

Coach Mac has all the ingredients to cook up something special this year. They have made some adjustments on the defensive side of the ball; and Higgins has worked tirelessly all summer to better himself. I look for the offense to pick up where it left off, and the defense to answer the call this year.

Good luck to Coach Mac and his 'Cats.

• MADRYBEG
    Aug. 8, 2008 8:54 a.m.

I am Utes fan and a McBride fan as well. I wish both Weber St. the best as well as McBride. You know it will be bittersweet for Mac to come back to Rice-Eccles. He brought life to a football program that hadn't had any in a long time. Good luck Wildcats!!!

• Wildct fan
    Aug. 8, 2008 6:26 a.m.

I am PUMPED for this year's team! The Big Sky is strong this year but I think this is WSU's best chance in a long time to win the conference and make the FCS playoffs. Go Cats!