From the Homefront: MormonTimes.com: Amazing Grace

• to amazing works
    July 25, 2008 7:39 a.m.

Obviously you are not a Christian. We are saved by Grace, not by any deeds. If we love our Jesus, we will show it in our actions. But we are not saved by our actions, but by the blood of the Saviour. He went to the cross for you and I and to take upon Him our sins. He did not go to the cross so that we could keep score with how many good deeds I did today and how many you did. No, that is human.

Grace is grace. When we Christians sing the song we know the difference and why we sing it.

• amazing works
    July 22, 2008 10:37 p.m.

To amazing grace -- I believe Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." My bet is that he meant it. Still, we do believe that all sincere efforts to fulfill his will (by doing his "works" I suppose) would be futile without the Atonement.

And to Brother Plummer -- Do you get a big thrill from mocking the sincere beliefs of others? Open your mind a little.

• amazing grace?
    July 22, 2008 9:45 p.m.

Title in article is "Amazing grace"? Really? Mormons are not people of the "Amazing Grace." They have works. Christians go for the Grace... not Mormons.

What an odd title. Perhaps wishful thinking.

• kathyn
    July 22, 2008 4:39 p.m.

The pace in today's world is very frenetic. It's easy to get caught up in our day-to-day problems and forget our spiritual side. What helps me to stay grounded is attending church and taking the time to ponder my life. When I say my prayers, I try to think first of my blessings and that seems to help. The Atonement is right up there at the top of my list. I try to think of the Savior during the sacrament. Because the world is getting to be such a tough place, it's my faith in my Savior and His Atonement that makes my life good.

• Tit tit
    July 22, 2008 3:06 p.m.

Why don't we think of Christ enough? I'd like to get some mormons to respond, but anyone else would be fine . . .

• Chris Plummer
    July 22, 2008 1:12 p.m.

Yes think about it and tap your shoes together 3 times.

• Justin
    July 22, 2008 8:29 a.m.

I think the problem is that we do not spend enough time thinking about our neighbors and helping with more than just lip service in following Jesus's commandment of love thy neighbor. Making ourselfes feel holy by thinking about religion doesn't change anything or fool anyone, most of all Jesus.