What makes ABBA so irresistible?

• Susy
    July 25, 2008 6:33 a.m.

To Steve. Yes I saw them at concert. Must have been
    around 1978 or so.

• Fleur
    July 21, 2008 9:53 p.m.

The photo caption is incorrect. Agnetha is the blonde, Anifrid( Frida) is the brunette.

• Earworms
    July 21, 2008 12:58 p.m.

Yeah, I still listen to & love ABBA. I'm 40 & listened to them from my older brothers & sisters, that is where my "Earworms" came from. Now I "Torture" my teenagers while I'm driving & they are a "Captive" audience .... Ha Ha Ha ... They beg to drive because the rule is: "Driver has control of music listening!"

• I still think..
    July 18, 2008 8:35 p.m.

the brunette is hot...

• Wow...
    July 18, 2008 6:18 p.m.

the picture brings back a lot of fond "Mamamia, Dancing Queen, Money Money Money, Fernando, etc etc memories......LOL!!

• Steve
    July 18, 2008 1:36 p.m.

Susy, you saw ABBA in concert?? You are so lucky. Maybe if I hadn't of been only between 8 and 10 at the time they toured the U.S. I might have seen them too. Yes, I've been a MAJOR fan of ABBA ever since I was little in the 70's and still love it just as much today. I'd literally give my right arm to see them in a reunion concert (something that unfortunately will never happen it seems).

• fan
    July 18, 2008 1:19 p.m.

I don't know about all this science, but I must confess that I did have my ABBA Gold CD playing while I cleaned house on Saturday. Good stuff!

• my opinion
    July 18, 2008 11:27 a.m.

The hooks in ABBA's music are what make some people love it are the same things that makes other people hate it. It's classic bublegum rock.

I like their music, but I didn't like the broadway show.

• Susy
    July 18, 2008 5:55 a.m.

I saw them live on stage ages ago and it was
    amazing.

• Good music
    July 18, 2008 3:50 a.m.

It's good music. Good voices and good music from an era when talent mattered. Ever since the early 80s, the art has been an afterthought to the visual appeal of the singer, the dancing, the stage. People respond to the music because what is played now is so unsatisfying.