Eagle Mountain OKs skate-park bid

11,000-square-foot project will cost the city about $350,000

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2008 1:23 p.m.

We didn't have a skate park in my neighborhood or community when I was a kid, and I didn't sit around "doing nothing." There are other things to do besides ride a cheap skateboard on a quarter pipe. I agree with anonymous 10:59. However, on the other hand, this may herd all of the kids with pierced lips and green hair into one area of the city instead of being scatter abroad.

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2008 11:32 a.m.

Sk8 parks are great. They get kids that would be sitting around doing nothing, doing something active and creative. Unfortunitly the city has been mislead into thinking they bought a low maintainence, quality product. The park will be a pile of scrap in mearly a year or two.

• Agree, waste if money
    July 8, 2008 11:08 a.m.

Skate parks are a complete waste of money. The city should use the funds for more productive things. At least it will be out in the city center.

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2008 10:59 a.m.

As if Eagle Mountain didn't have enough problems already, it has now made a decision to become a breeding ground for juvenile derelicts and drug users. When crime hits an all-time high in EM, don't be surprised when the mayor fakes her own kidnapping again!

• Ranches
    July 8, 2008 10:44 a.m.

I think the way that EM maintains grass, how could they do much worse with concrete, if anything it will at least get rid of some weeds. The fact that the skaters got involved and actively worked with city government AND were able to see their idea come to fruition can only been seen as a positive event. I'm excited to see amenities like this and the bike park added to our community. Better than having everyone stay inside playing guitar hero 24/7 (no offense to guitar hero)

• John
    July 8, 2008 9:52 a.m.

Stop wasting money: You have no clue do you? Have you ever been to a skate park? I'd like to see any park that has as much use as a skate park. Show me a baseball field where kids play would play on it every day of the year. If anything we need more skate parks, and less people like you.

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2008 7:36 a.m.

Can you be positive about anything!!

• Stop wasting money
    July 8, 2008 12:48 a.m.

Horrible waste of money. EM can't even maintain the current areas of landscaping; how will they maintain this ugly skate park?