Married 75 years and still dating

1933 newlyweds felt 'well off' to have $15

• Abby Ellis
    June 21, 2008 10:13 a.m.

These people are my Great Grandpa,and Grandma, and whenever I visit them they have a pretzel mix for me to eat. They are very nice and I am proud of them!

• Victorya Rogers, author
    June 20, 2008 9:13 p.m.

How precious and encouraging. Being married just 10 years now, I so know the value of continuing to date my husband and I LOVE that it is confirmed by a couple married 75 years! My husband and I laughed with you over your memory of your remodel argument.

• Emily
    June 20, 2008 7:36 p.m.

Congratulations to a great couple. Not many people can say they were married for 50 + years. My grandparents were married for almost 69 years before he passed away at age 88.

• Shauna Langford
    June 20, 2008 4:53 p.m.

I am their proud neice! I love them both so much and enjoyed laughing and crying as I read the beautiful story of my Aunt and Uncle. You are the BEST! LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND SO PROUD OF YOU!
    We can all learn something from your love and example. Love, Shauna

• James J.
    June 20, 2008 3:38 p.m.

Great for them!!!! Congratulations, I was married 9 years and that was 9 years way too long for me, but good for them!

• Congratulations!
    June 20, 2008 3:33 p.m.

You know what, after a rough night with my own spouse, I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing. I hope your anniversary and the many more to come are as wonderful. Here's to 75 more!

• Never give up Never Surrender
    June 20, 2008 2:20 p.m.

We should all learn from this couple it is all about commitment!!!

• J Ellis (grandchild)
    June 20, 2008 2:16 p.m.

Way to go Grandma and Grandpa! We all feel so blessed to have you guys and your examples to follow! We love you!

• Genell
    June 20, 2008 1:59 p.m.

I have 46 more years to be married for 75 years!!! You have inspired me. Congratulations.

• Anonymous
    June 20, 2008 1:34 p.m.

What a wonderful tribute to a great couple.
    You are both great and what an example for all
    of us! Keep up the good work!

• Reality
    June 20, 2008 1:25 p.m.

I can't imagine being married for 75 years. I'm only 34 and I am on my second wife.

• Anonymous
    June 20, 2008 12:31 p.m.

That's beautiful!!

• Renee from Alabama
    June 20, 2008 11:46 a.m.

From all the way Down South - a Huge hug for a wonderful couple. Congratulations

• mary
    June 20, 2008 11:33 a.m.

How wonderful! Oh that all marriages could be so long lived and happy. They sound like an amazing pair.

• patrick
    June 20, 2008 11:23 a.m.

i love these ppl because they are my great great grandpaerents and everytime i go to visit the would have there hommade prestel mix for me and my lil brother still to this day and i wish them both a happy anerversery

• cbm
    June 20, 2008 10:49 a.m.

Just wanted to add my congratulations to this wonderful couple. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I hope you have a wonderful celebration that adds to your many memories. What a great legacy you've given your posterity!

• Lady L
    June 20, 2008 10:48 a.m.

Congratulations! It is so nice to read such a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

• A Reader
    June 20, 2008 9:26 a.m.

What a beautiful story! Best wishes to you and your family.....wish the rest of the world could follow your example!

• alex smith from london
    June 20, 2008 9:18 a.m.

I think that it is wonderful.It would be fantastic if a lot more people could achieve that.
    Congratulations to you both and may you continue to be happy for a lot longer

• georgiaonmymind
    June 20, 2008 6:51 a.m.

Congratulations! Great story DN!