Dinner on ice

Stockpiling frozen meals offers advantages to busy families

• Julie
    June 23, 2008 1:42 p.m.

Yes this book is worth buying. It's been great to learn how to save so much time and money and not everything has meat in the meals. The majority of meals do not have meat in them. Also, it teaches you how to freeze everything even your favorite meals you already cook. It has great recipes like ice cream cakes, cookies, breads, how to make scones, soup bowls,etc... It looks likem most meals with meat you can substitute with other things, or just omit the meat. It's only $9.99. I say try it.

• DleeD
    June 19, 2008 7:32 a.m.

That is something I wonder, too. Is there a good way to stock up on veggie dishes. I'm quessing not as I usually eat fresh. I do have a lot of different frozen veggie combos stocked, but I rarely use them as fresh is so much better.

• Question
    June 18, 2008 5:18 p.m.

We are pretty much vegetarian, it sounds like the freezer recipes are mainly meat. For those who have the book, would it be worth buying if we don't eat meat?
    Thanks

• Kimber
    June 18, 2008 2:03 p.m.

Savingdinner.com is also a great resource for freezer meal recipes! I just taught a mini-class at church, made 8 dinners in one hour. Most recipes are for 4 people, but can be up-sized or down-sized easily by doubling or cutting in half. And if you are making one, it's just as easy to make two. Freeze in ziploc bags, and doesn't take up much freezer space. I have cut my grocery bill by 25% cooking this way.

• Sue
    June 18, 2008 12:58 p.m.

I tried this book this month and I really spent less time at the store this month. The recipes are so good, especially the Strombolli. My family loved it. I have been stocking up my freezer with cooked rice, cooked ground beef. This is really saving me a lot of time as well.

• EM
    June 18, 2008 12:02 p.m.

I freeze quite a bit-but mostly I try to freeze things raw. I don't like defrosted meals, but I will freeze lots of uncooked meats, berries, and breads.