Provo happy with low crime rate

• Mera
    June 14, 2008 7:00 p.m.

I had a pink bike stolen by the University Parkway Center near the stadium. I wonder where it is now.

• LOTS of Property Crimes
    June 14, 2008 2:39 p.m.

I'm glad to hear the crime rate is so low. Now, I guess I just need to close my eyes and click my heels and my two stolen bikes will magically reappear.

• CHris Plummer
    June 14, 2008 12:08 p.m.

So either crime really is down... or cops never bust anyone, and a lot of crimes go unreported.

• Thanks Mahonri
    June 14, 2008 10:01 a.m.

You know your city is excellent when someone who doesn't live there feels the need to come on a message board and disparage it.

Provo is and will continue to be one of the best cities in this nation.

Great schools, great neighbors, plenty of things to do, world class museums at BYU, BYU sports, 7 peaks, 15 minutes from Sundance, restaurants, many people from different parts of the world, etc.

No where I'd rather live.

Thanks Mahonri for validating that for all of us!

• Fred
    June 14, 2008 9:53 a.m.

Crime statistics are FUDGED all of the time, in orer to increase funding, make cities/counties "look better" for RDA funding and "growth". I am HIGHLY suspect of the self-reporting by the City of Provo. Methinks it's more hype than factual representation.
    For example: a home or business is broken into,nothing of value is taken. Is it reported as an actual burglary(felony) or is it "fudged" into a vandalism report or malicious mischief?
    We need to be very suspect about this self-reporting folks, otherwise we are nothing more than sheeple.

• Mahonri
    June 14, 2008 5:52 a.m.

How is their rate of rape? How about abuse of prescription andi-depressants?
    Provo is a self delusional paradise of ignorance, not a pleasant place to live at all.