Girl reunites with mother - but no contact with FLDS leader

• Janet
    June 8, 2008 7:05 a.m.

This is a lady who is honored and respected in her office of a mother. She has never been raped and is happy, or was, before Texas decided to "help" her. If Texas would give her the freedom od choice, she would go right back into the arms of her loving family.
    There are no underpriveleged among us as some of you would have the public belleive. Warren Jeffs has the right to rule, he is a Prophet of God. You will never destroy my faith. God bless His Prophet!

There is not an FLDS home that I know about that doesn't have a ccomputer, (we have four in our home)don't believe all the smut you hear.

Brigham Young said, "Let us alone and we will accomplish the work of God at our liesure, persecute us and we will stay up nights to preach the gospel".

Thank you all who have helped in the Texas raid, you have succeeded in strengthening my faith in God and His Prophet. Heaven bless you!

• to davidson
    June 5, 2008 1:30 a.m.

The answer to your question: FREEDOM IS NOT ALWAYS FREE.

The pictures and stories that I have heard of the kids returning home doesn't look like any of them were traumatized.

13 year old girls being forced to have sex - which has never been explained to them - is torture.

Nobody was beheaded, the kids were returned, we are all fee to express our opinion. In other countries that are not free, this does not happen.

The system is not perfect, but it allows us to speak our mind without fear of being killed.

Who should be put in charge of looking out for our children?????

Get your priorities straigt.

• To john lambert
    June 5, 2008 1:12 a.m.

Do your research, their was another CONVICTED child abuser at the ranch. Your right they are innocent until proven guilty.

Unfortunatly for the sexually abused girls they are innocent until violated.

warren jeffs is a convicted sex offender!!!

If warren jeffs was released from prison tomorrow by some idiot, a protection order would be a very good thing to have.

After reading the posts on this subject, nothing will suprise me.

Why do you assume that the girl is neither pregnant or a mother??

• To Mary
    June 5, 2008 12:58 a.m.

You must be FDLS, you write like you have an 8th grade education. You just keep blessing your prophet$ profit$. You must be getting paid to post here. I don't think those of us capable of having our own thoughts are buying it.

• Priceless
    June 5, 2008 12:53 a.m.

Over 450 children taken by the state of Texas--Bold

Child Protective Services accused of being out of control--Typical

One young girl saved from future rape--Priceless

• Has any one ever heard
    June 5, 2008 12:32 a.m.

"we cannot comment because of the ongoing investigation".

This could be why investigators are not giving out all of the evidence.

Get a clue people. Let them do their jobs. Not all crimes are solved in an hour like they are on TV.

• To FLDS Person
    June 5, 2008 12:22 a.m.

'Maybe if people would get to know us firsthand...'
    How do you propose we all do that? The P.R. department (Willie Jessop) doesn't seem to let many people in the gates.

To everyone criticizing Warren Jeffs: I would never defend the guy. If the FLDS want to believe he's a prophet, they have every right. I just think I would be pretty annoyed if people were criticizing my eclesiastical leaders...though there isn't anything to criticize.
    Clearly there are some FLDS women who have been well educated. There are some who have entered into plural marriage as consenting mature adults. There are some who love technology...but from what I see in the news on the ranch, there is a "chosen" group who are behind locked gates, who are home-schooled by one another (not a good cycle), who use poor grammer, shun the outside world, and are lacking in many social skills. Why the disparity?

• To Janet............
    June 4, 2008 10:47 p.m.

Raymond Jessop, Merrill Jessop, and Warren Jeffs will get their punishment for the child rape and molestation. God will see that JUSTICE IS DONE for the children.

and Willie Jessop is nothing but a coward.
    By the way, I thought the FLDS were against GLUTONY.
    Maybe Willie Jessop should abide the GLUTONY laws, and lay off the groceries. Maybe he'd lose a few pounds.

• me
    June 4, 2008 10:46 p.m.

The girl has no baby and is not married and has not been abused. Tis all a lie and she is firing her ad litem for telling the lie for publicity. I know the girl very personally as a sister. How long do you all have to believe these lies? She asked her lawyer, "Why did you tell everyone that you think I have a baby? If I did, I must have had it in my sleep." Her ad litem denied ever saying this. You are all tricked because you cannot determine the spirit. This too will prove to be a lie like all the lies that have been told about us. (By the way, Warren Jeffs was a computer programmer, any of you who think we have no technology)

• Pat
    June 4, 2008 10:19 p.m.

We need Warren Jeffs the true Prophet to come home. Then our church will once again be whole. He is a good man, and has done his time.

• Lynn
    June 4, 2008 9:17 p.m.

I am an LDS woman who has been praying for the FLDS women, children, and innocent men. Unlike some here who have been commenting, I refuse to believe everyone has been guilty of abuse.

I think Texas CPS really went out of bounds on this one. They should never have taken all the children away, or accused all the parents of abuse. They should have focussed on cases with obvious abuse, and not blamed everyone. But, let this be a lesson to the FLDS. They have a right to worship as they please (Articles of Faith 11), but they also have a duty to sustain the law of the land (Articles of Faith 12), and that's where they got themselves into trouble. This is why the LDS Prophet, Wilford Woodruff revoked polygamy over 100 years ago. This is why we have grown and prospered, and the FLDS has not. The Truth is on our side. Compare the fruits.

• Steve
    June 4, 2008 9:12 p.m.

Bruce,

Please explain:

Is it: child sexual abuse=illegal=right?

• littleolme
    June 4, 2008 8:50 p.m.

Please Forgive any spelling errors and blame them on my un-education; not on my laptop that has a few stuck keys that have to be pressed firmly to respond. Thanks!

• lttleolme
    June 4, 2008 8:26 p.m.

Hello, I am FLDS, a Female, opinionated, Big mouthed and TIRED of it! The internet to me is a dictionary that I enjoy. I read somewhere that life is a mirror; what you see is what you are. So I read this blog and conclude there is good and evil all over the world. The best way to condem yourself is open your mouth. Sometmes I should shut-up but most the time I don't! Please, People of the World, Stop! Listen! Try to see The truth. What lesson have the children been tought besides that their parents have told the truth... Those who love evil will believe a lie. Kind-a like a mirror.

• gretchen
    June 4, 2008 8:12 p.m.

The vast number of cold and cruel things Mr. Warren Jeffs has ordered will keep him behind bars.Only a small fraction of his misdeeds have come out into public view as of yet. He certainly is no prophet by any true definition, except that of false prophet. He is a calculating psycho with mesmerizing "sermons" which are full of disgraceful ideas and demeaning terms. The pattern he follows is a well-worn one- power, sex, and money. He has a ton of company amongst history's other wretched leaders who set themselves up above others and ended up in hell. He is surely headed there, as he refuses to point his followers to the only One worthy of their loyalty, Christ Himself.When he has an occasional lucid moment, he experiences guilt,but that passes. He uses Christ for his own evil purposes- to keep power over brainwashed followers' minds. However, he is definitely no follower of Christ by any stretch of the imagination,, and he will be one of the ones who someday hears, "Depart from Me, I never knew you," when he faces the Living God and asks for the second chance that he refused to give others.

• Re:Sue
    June 4, 2008 7:17 p.m.

"i just finished reading the book ESCAPE written by Merrill Jessop's 4th wife Carolyn. the book gave me an insight to the world of polygomists."

Sue,

Never trust the words of an apostate regardless of what religion they were from. They all have an ax to grind with their former faith and so they are biased in that regard. Ann Eliza Web Young was one such person and she wrote a similar type of book around the turn of the 20th century telling the world about all the horrors she had experienced as a plural wife of Brigham Young. Except there was one thing wrong. Nobody ever corroborated her story. Yet her readers swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

• Interloper
    June 4, 2008 6:58 p.m.

Raymond Jeffs is one of Warren's brothers. The young lady is Warren's daughter. (There may be a child from the relationship, as well.) The Kingstons, a related polygamous group, has had members tried for doing the same thing.

• sue
    June 4, 2008 6:38 p.m.

i just finished reading the book ESCAPE written by Merrill Jessop's 4th wife Carolyn. the book gave me an insight to the world of polygomists. it appears that not all of the women thought Warren Jeffs was a profit. She was allowed an education but only before he came along. The children who were force to marry older men has been going on a long time before Warren Jeffs however Warren Jeffs is a sick man who made these people think he was a profit. He is a sick man. Read the book, it will amaze you.

• Hank Rudr
    June 4, 2008 6:06 p.m.

The only sick twisted mess is the one created by Texas CPS in their attempt to destroy the FLDS.

• Visitor
    June 4, 2008 5:59 p.m.

I'm an outsider so I can't speak for the FLDS, but If I was to put my best guess forward, I'd guess that that they don't need any advice from outsiders as to how best spread their ideas and religion to others. I'd bet that they already have their own plan about how to live their lives and how much information they want to share with the "outside" world. In the last few weeks on the internet alone, I've been able to find out a tremendous amount of information about how they live, the foundation of their religion, their behaviors, etc. Anyone else can do as I have.

Of course I'll probably be labeled a "Jeffs lover," but I find much to admire about their lifestyle and some of their beliefs despite the fact that I personally prefer to live a different kind of life. I think that if they follow the marriage laws on age, and continue to be industrious taxpayers on the YFZ ranch, I welcome them. I have no problem with polygamy. I hate child abuse but believe that the vast majority of FLDS refrain from it.

• realitycheck
    June 4, 2008 4:19 p.m.

wow - these comment sections are so entertaining! Many diverse views - even some people saying Jeffs actually is the prophet. Now that's good clean fun!

To all you FLDS posters - I suggest one of you FLDS women write a book about how great your lives are in the FLDS.

How it is so much better to share your husband with many other women and how that gives you power (rather than the other way around).

How you are given opportunities to fulfill your dreams of being something other than a housekeeper/caregiver. (We know some of you must have such dreams.)

How you are prompted to get a higher education and told you can do many great things, and are given the tools to do so.

How you can fall in love and then get married, at the time of your choosing, and to whom you choose.

Tell us just how great and free your life is. Then we may believe you. Until then, all we have are the dozens (actually hundreds) of stories of abuse, jealousies, and shattered lives.

We would love to hear from you, ladies. (The men need not apply - we've heard your side.)

• zxcvbnm
    June 4, 2008 4:09 p.m.

Isn't it interesting that there is so much confusion about the one girl that may or not be pregnant...may or may not have a baby.....may or not have been abused.
    I don't mean to get to far fetched here but could it be that the girl may or may not be the FLDS equal to Swinton....one mentally disturbed child out of 450 isn't to far out there as far as probabilities.
    I apologize if this deduction offends anyone but there are a lot of different reports about her relative condition. Her confusion would lead to CPS confusion in her individual case hence the childs ever changing pregancy condition and possible motherhood.

• Sharon
    June 4, 2008 4:04 p.m.

People might get to know you if you were not so closed a community. What are you all so afraid of? You should have missionaries out there telling people who you are and preaching the gospel, not holing up in a holy huddle! If you believe in your religion share it! You make yourselves look guilty of something hiding as you all do. I live by your people most are very closed and act like they can't speak to anyone on the outside. The Lord said in the great commission "God ye out into the world and make disciples of men" how can you do that if you don't live in the world? You must live in the world and not be OF the world otherwise you can never bring your message to anyone nor can you learn to deal with others as Christ would have. Follow Christ not a man! Roman's 10:9 will tell you about salvation...the book of Romans will. Put some credence in something besides your D&C. Don't claim something as your "standard works" if you don't believe that some of them are worth reading. May God bless all of you with open eyes.

• Jerry
    June 4, 2008 3:43 p.m.

People in the FLDS should not be worshiping Warren Jeffs. The only ones worthy of that should be the members of the Godhead. God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. No one else is qualified to be put in this catagory. Many men are worth our deepest respect and admiration, but all men come short of being worthy of worship. My best wishes to the FLDS in their quest to have their families reunited and I sincerely hope that they can be led into more Godly paths.

• Jeffs is in prision
    June 4, 2008 3:15 p.m.

and will be there for a very long time. By the time he gets out, his daughter will be an adult who can make her own decisions.

No, he's not a true prophet. True prophets don't abuse children.

• to Davidson
    June 4, 2008 3:06 p.m.

Slander against the FLDS or the state of Texas is one thing, but writing bad poetry is nearly unforgiveable. Don't quit your day job.

• Justin
    June 4, 2008 3:07 p.m.

I am amazed by those who justify illegal actions by the State of Texas to justify this one now apparant case of abuse. It is like rounding up everybody in town and placing them in State custody while the authorities search for illegal aliens, tax evaders, or any other group the government decides to target. Then, when one illegal act is identified say, "it was worth incarceating these hundreds for months because we now can prosecute the one criminal we found. Those who were denied their freedom were denied it for a good reason. The end (identifying one criminal) justifies the illegal means (hundreds falsly arrested and incarserated for months)."

• FLDS Person
    June 4, 2008 2:59 p.m.

""We had read that they had a fear of technology, so we took down our computer lab, and the first night one of the mothers pulled out her iPod and asked where she could dock it," VanOsselar said. "It surprised us because we didn't expect them to be so technology savvy," she said."

You've got to be kidding me! That's the funniest thing I've read all day. I wonder where they "read" it from? Anyone want to guess?

We have pretty much all the same "technology" stuff you guys have, except all the video game consoles as it's nothing but a waste of time & money. If we can use it, believe me, we'll put it to good use, whatever the gadget might be. Maybe if people would actually get to know us firsthand, not through a story-book, their perception just might change.

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 2:56 p.m.

"He is in prison because a girl claimed that he forced her to get married and forced her to have sex with her husband."

No, Warren Jeffs is in prison because the jury believed the truthful eyewitness testimony of the girl who was abused instead of the lies of Jeffs and his followers.

Someday, the FLDS will wake up and realize that they have been deceived by a man who, from his own lips, confessed that he isn't, and never has been, a prophet.

Elissa Wall is only one of many women and men who have and will testify of Warren Jeffs' illegal and immoral child bride marriages.

• AMAZING
    June 4, 2008 2:45 p.m.

It's amazing how open the FLDS have been during this ordeal.

They need to keep it that way and maybe they will avoid the next crisis.

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 2:22 p.m.

Misled | 11:18 a.m. June 4, 2008
    "Warren Jeffs is not a prophet but a child sex abuser. That is why he is in prison."

Dear "Misled"

These FLDS women know the Warren Jeffs case much better than you ever will. He is NOT in prison for "child sex". He is in prison because a girl claimed that he forced her to get married and forced her to have sex with her husband. You could make the same charge agaist your Baptist Minister, but the local DA would be much less likely to press charges. Why? Because he's Baptist.

• Emma in Illinois
    June 4, 2008 2:20 p.m.

Completely agree with Davidson, none of these things should have happened to any group of people living in the United States. I have been horrified to see this happen to innocent women and children. Regardless of what people believe, no one should be subject to the cruelties that we have seen happen since this heartless raid began. Much more thought, and maybe a little compassion should be shown to those who are helpless. Any God under ANY religion would not condone such cruelty. Of course, if crimes were committed, this should not be allowed. I feel the whole process should have been handled differently. I think if the State of Texas had fears and concerns for these children, they should have went after the alleged perpertrators. And, I mean alleged, innocent until proven guilty. It's obvious that it was wrong to attack these women and children.

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 2:12 p.m.

Charla | 1:47 p.m. June 4, 2008
    "they should have taken the men out in buses."

Charla, they had no evidence of wrong-doing. They couldn't take the men. That's the whole point.

The irony of this whole mess is that adult men have rights, so you have to have a good reason to arrest them. But kids have no rights, so CPS has the power to detain them "for their own protection".

You can't assume the men did anything wrong until they have been convicted by a jury of their peers. And even then, you can't just "take them out in busses".

• Visitor
    June 4, 2008 2:09 p.m.

So much for the theory that the FLDS were isolated from the real world.

From News8Austin Texas:

• to John Lambert
    June 4, 2008 2:10 p.m.

Other reports from the the girl's Guardain ad Litem said that the girl has a baby (as a result from underage rape/forced marriage) and another woman is claiming that baby as her own child. It will be a good day when the DNA results can clear up the sick, twisted mess these people are involved in.

• SLC gal
    June 4, 2008 2:09 p.m.

Wait, I thought polygomists didn't have access to computers. Guess I was wrong since there's a few Jeffs supporters here.

• To Davidson
    June 4, 2008 2:03 p.m.

"What will they take from this experience as they grow into adulthood?"

That there are good and bad people both inside and outside the YFZ compound and, perhaps, a little perspective that not everything they've been told about the outside world is true.

Some of the children and mothers may have even discovered that they have a right to make choices regarding their own futures; that they don't have to live the rest of their lives dominated by men who use them to fulfill their own desires and fantasies.

• Gregory
    June 4, 2008 2:01 p.m.

To Janet | 1:15 p.m. June 4, 2008
    "look up Warren Jeffs' videotaped confession"

Not a confession, but a confidential conversation between Jeffs and his family.

How is it that a personal conversation between Jeffs and his family is available on the internet?

What Jane believes, or what Jeffs has done, is no concern of yours. What should concern you and every other citizen who believe he/she lives in a free country is this:

THE RELEASE BY A SITTING JUDGE OF THE PERSONAL, CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN A DEFENDANT IN HIS COURTROOM AND HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.

It may be true that Jeffs sexually abused his daughter and sister, but this has not been proven. On the other hand, this judge has abused every man, woman and child in America, and this has been proven.

• To FLDS
    June 4, 2008 1:56 p.m.

Cast off all evil men who lie, claiming they speak for God, but would lead your souls to the gallows. Save yourselves and your families from the dark side of ignorance. May the peace and enlightenment of the Lord find you.

• Charla
    June 4, 2008 1:47 p.m.

I was always been taught that you could tell a truthful leader of a church by their actions and examples of moral living and their faith in God. They obey the laws of the land being local, state and government. They don't hide and take money from their followers for months. A true Prophet would never make rules to fit their lifestyle and those of whom he could control. The rules and laws should be the same for all members not a few.

I am so very glad the children are back with their mothers. I hope they heal quickly and smiles return to their faces. Every child need's their mother to hug and kiss them when they wake up and when they go to bed. They need to be safe. The children should of stayed home and they should have taken the men out in buses.

• Davidson
    June 4, 2008 1:42 p.m.

Their homes invaded by armed men
    Their house of worship violated and ransacked
    Detained without cause
    Carted away by an antagonistic religius group
    Days of torment in the concentration camp
    Seeing their mothers humilated and abused
    Hours on end of interrogation
    The violation of the "physical exams"
    Their fellow detainees spirited away in the middle of the night
    Finally being wrenched from the arms of their sobbing mothers
    Finding themselves suddenly alone with their tormentors
    Chased down and caught by stone-faced CPS matrons
    Shipped off as far away from their mothers as the geography of Texas allowed
    Weeks and weeks of waiting in misery
    Now returned to homes and schools that can be invaded at any hour of the day by the very people who are responsible for their horror.

What will they take from this experience as they grow into adulthood?

That this is the justice of the outside world?

The justice that put Warren Jeffs into prison?

Could you expect them to see it any other way?

What have you done, Texas?

• To Janet
    June 4, 2008 1:15 p.m.

Wake up and face reality that Warren Jeffs is a child abuser, not a prophet.

As a 23-year-old woman with unrestricted internet access, you should look up Warren Jeffs' videotaped confession in which he said:

"I am not the prophet. I never was the prophet, and I have been deceived by the powers of evil."

also look up statements he made in phone conversations several days earlier where he said

"that he lost his priesthood 31 years ago after being "immoral" with a sister and daughter."

Words from Jeffs' own lips.

• Horst
    June 4, 2008 12:54 p.m.

To: Janet please read
    "Warren Jeff's remarks about black people were cruel, unkind, untrue, and unjust..."

Maybe he was only talking about Rosita Swinton.

• Pharisee
    June 4, 2008 12:33 p.m.

It is nice to the Pharisees are all on here today. God bless you devils.

• avengeance
    June 4, 2008 12:31 p.m.

Quite amazing, isn't it, that a civil government agency can not only twist arms and get false confessions out of people for "abuse" under pain of losing their children, but they can now place citizens under house arrest without due process of law?

Do you people see where this is going? Expanding civil agencies by giving them police powers is in the communist manifesto. Do you really think this is limited to this "cult"? They just made a convenient excuse, something to make the jagged pill of losing your rights easier to swallow (yea, saving the babies tends to do that).
    Janet: please know, not everyone on the "outside" is of the outside. Just because some of us live more in the world does not mean we live more of it.

• jt
    June 4, 2008 12:25 p.m.

the FLDS is just another place for perverts to hide. what normal man would have sex with a child under 16? only a pervert. they should be treated the same as anyone else who has forced sex upon a child. prison........

• Janet please read
    June 4, 2008 12:22 p.m.

There is nothing Christlike about Warren Jeffs' teachings concerning the black race. Joseph Smith himself often spoke kindly of black people, stated that they were heirs of salvation, and even after they were restricted from the priesthood (1849) they were still allowed to join the church. They were never considered to be Satan's tool for bringing evil into the world, and many other early, pre-manifesto Mormon leaders also said things about black people that were kind and compationate even by our modern standards, not just the standards of their day. Warren Jeff's remarks about black people were cruel, unkind, untrue, and unjust, and there is no justification for teaching such things, especially not to children.

• John Lambert
    June 4, 2008 12:14 p.m.

Since the girl is neither pregnant nor a mother I am not sure how people are so sure that Raymond Jessop is an abuser. Just because some court somewhere orders no contact does not mean that someone is an abuser. They are still innocent until proven guilty.
    Beyond this, just because one man at the compound was an abuser does not give you the right to assume all the men were abusers.

• Bruce
    June 4, 2008 12:05 p.m.

One thing that strikes me as strange about the anti-FLDS crowd is their assumption that legal = right and illegal = wrong.
    The great spiritual leaders throughout history have been charged, and many convicted, of breaking existing civil laws in order to live higher ones.
    I would also be interested to know where people get the idea that there is a certain type of person that God calls to be a "prophet".
    A little research on prophets shows a very diverse bunch of folks, and indicate that God really doesn't ask anyone else's opinion on who he puts in that position.

• FLDS MEN LIARS
    June 4, 2008 12:03 p.m.

The FLDS people above are all FLDS men POSING AS WOMEN. These sickos always hide behind the skirts of women. Nothing new with FLDS men. Nothing but degenerates. AND WARREN JEFFS IS NO PROPHET! You people follow the devil.

• John Lambert
    June 4, 2008 12:00 p.m.

Since Jeffs is in jail why does the judge even have to specify no contact with him? Anyway, has anyone demonstrated that this girl ever even met Mr. Jeffs. With his insanely high number of wives and children and his being on the run for a few years, I would not be surprised if he had many children who he has never met.

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 11:52 a.m.

Warren Jeffs is the only true prophet on the earth. Praise the man!

• Mary
    June 4, 2008 11:45 a.m.

Time will tell, Warren Jeffs is the PROPHET!!!!!!!!No abuse has been proven. I am with Janet, God bless his Prophet!!!!!I do not live in Texas but am a multiple wife also. We all live very sweetly together. There is no arguing withour group, we all LOVE and HELP one another. You have no right to tell us what religion, such as FLDS, that we must worship. we have the rite to worship as we please. We have found our lifestyles to be very happy. God bless his prophet!!!!!

• FLDS phonies
    June 4, 2008 11:44 a.m.

I think Janet is a phony . Shes probably somebody trying to create some noise on this blog. I doubt if she were really a real person and FLDS, that she would actually have access to a computer and much less the internet.

• Dreamcatcher
    June 4, 2008 11:41 a.m.

Obviously not all brides of the FLDS are children nor are they all married to men old enough to be their fathers or grandfathers. Maybe some of the children receive adequate educations but by observing video clips of some of the wives, it was obvious that not all of them are well educated. I hope these people will not continue to blindly follow their "Prophet", Warren Jeffs but will make educated judgments. Look at the fruits of his labors. It's true that you don't know what someone does if you aren't with them 24/7 but that doesn't mean that Warren is above reproach. I personally believe that he sexually abused his three nephews. They were there, do we just discount what they said? One of them even committed suicide because of the abuse. What reason would Brent Jeffs have for accusing Uncle Warren of such a terrible thing? He is not trying to promote a book--he hasn't written one. It wouldn't buoy up his family, either. I think he is courageous for coming forward. If even one of the things Jeffs is being accused of is true, condemnation will come upon him, if not now, then in the hereafter.

• Re: Helped against her will?
    June 4, 2008 11:39 a.m.

"Willie Jessop, a spokesman for the F.L.D.S. group, said that to his knowledge there was no credible evidence that accusations of sexual abuse relating to the child in the court order were true."

What a shock that Willie doesn't believe that Warren could be guilty of child-abuse.

CPS may have over-stepped their authority in removing all of the children, but the individual cases of FLDS men who have been abusing young girls through forced underage marriages are starting to come out.

It wouldn't surprise most people if Willie's name is near the top of that list.

• re: Janet
    June 4, 2008 11:30 a.m.

Wake up! You have a high school educated brain, dont you? People dont need to FOLLOW anyone else!

• To...Janet
    June 4, 2008 11:29 a.m.

To have gone through high school....as you stated.....why did you have to get your GED then?...doesnt sound like to me your on the side of the truth. As far as you believing in what you call a prophet...well....that is your right...just like its my right to say..Jeffs is a phony wannabe prophet who uses his self appointed title to justify his abuse and molestation of young children. If you believe God speaks to Warren Jeffs telling Jeffs to do these unspeakable acts...then we sure dont worship the same God.

• No prophets in prison?
    June 4, 2008 11:22 a.m.

Emma: The sooner the FLDS wake up and see that their so called prophet is in PRISON, the sooner all the children will be safe from harm.

Many Christian saints were imprisoned. Those here castigating the victims of CPS arrogance are not Christians. Their sense of right and wrong seems to come not from any holy teachings, but from watching too much Law & Order, watching too much creative getting around civil liberties to convict people even if theyre innocent.

• Misled
    June 4, 2008 11:18 a.m.

Janet has a right to believe as she wishes but its also right to let her know that Warren Jeffs is not a prophet but a child sex abuser. That is why he is in prison. She has the right to know that the wool has been pulled over her eyes on this man that they call a prophet-He is NO prophet!

• transplant
    June 4, 2008 11:15 a.m.

Helping, child labor and illegal child labor are all different things. If farms or ranches in any state are abusing child labor laws it needs to stop. And yes the cost of adult laborers have to be added to the cost of the consumer goods. Children are not farm equipment.

• MadcapMagician
    June 4, 2008 11:11 a.m.

while i do not agree with nor support the flds lifestyle, the actions of that state of texas have me greatly concerned as to the lengths the government will go to chase down so called "wrondoers". these actions bring up the specter of the government breaking down your doors because of unsubstantiated accusations, and inuendo. It also brings up the terrifying thought of being persecuted for your faith with no evidence of any criminal activity. The state of texas should have only taken thoes children that were proven to have been abused or molested. The state of texas is in the wrong here and should be held accountable for violationg the 4th. amendment of the constitution

• Helped against her will
    June 4, 2008 11:09 a.m.

If CPS didn't do what they did in removing those kids the abused girl would never have been helped.transplant

-------------

Apparently, the girl is being helped against her will. From the NY Times: Willie Jessop, a spokesman for the F.L.D.S. group, said that to his knowledge there was no credible evidence that accusations of sexual abuse relating to the child in the court order were true. He said the girls lawyer was pursuing an agenda, and that the girls mother had tried to find other counsel.

• Youth
    June 4, 2008 10:57 a.m.

To Janet
    You are confused. Warren Jeffs is a false prophet. No woman should ever be forced to marry a old man. It's better to marry and find a young man of ones own age and choice. Much more fulfilling.

• Emma
    June 4, 2008 10:55 a.m.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the fact that Warren Jeffs is Christ-like. I think he is a very sad man in prison, who, has came to the conclusion...HE ADMITTED IT...He is not the prophet!. He declares he is an evil man. Which I'm not so sure he really is an evil sicko, he was a brainwashed little boy at one time, just like the other children. I think Warren Jeffs is a victim, falling into his birthright place to be able to be in the position to do these things. I do not believe, until recently, when he denounced himself as prophet, that he could see what he had done was really bad. I think this was the cycle of abuse that CPS was trying to defeat, they just picked a cruel, inhumane way to do it. This child, and the other few girls should have been treated as individuals. The sooner the FLDS wake up and see that their so called prophet is in PRISON, the sooner all the children will be safe from harm. The mother probably did not protect her daughter from this man Raymond, because she herself is brainwashed.

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 10:49 a.m.

to the writer who wrote to Janet. Janet has the right to worship as she pleases. She is an adult and your slanderous remarks to her are wholly unwarranted. She does not deserve your contempt.

• Janet...
    June 4, 2008 10:48 a.m.

Pray tell, unless you've been around someone 24/7 you can't claim with any certainty whether or not they have abused anyone. Why don't you talk to child brides (aka probably one of your half-sisters) or several of his nephews about whether or not he abused (raped/sodomized) anyone?

It's sad you continue to blindly follow a convicted felon who enjoys "reassigning" families (i.e. kidnapping the children from their fathers and forcing their mother to "marry" and have sex with another man, not of their choosing).

• To Janet
    June 4, 2008 10:44 a.m.

Janet, you and I both know that not all of the people in your group are given equal education and status. You and I both know that Mr Jeff's has treated some people very poorly and that there is the higher status group and the lower class group in your church. You and I both know that Mr Jeff's engaged in sexual relationships with young girls and let other men do that with other girls. Janet, I know, guess you don't that Mr Jeffs said that he was not the prophet and that he was evil. A prophet would obey the laws of the land, he has broken at least two, plural marriage and marriage age. The wealth that is in your church comes from cheating the tax system and also being on government welfare. I would advise you to spend two years outside of your community and go to school, get a job, meet people that have different values and be your own strength. To really be strong in your values is proven when you can live in the real world and stay true to yourself.

• zxcvbnm
    June 4, 2008 10:44 a.m.

Re transplant.

Yep....eliminate the child labor...no more kids helping on the farm, that should shut down half the farms in Texas. I guess we can hire all the illegals that are out of jobs in the housing industry.

• Momof2
    June 4, 2008 10:41 a.m.

In my state, the child would not be going back to mom's custody if there was proof of abuse, and mom would be charged with failure to protect.

• Sleuth
    June 4, 2008 10:38 a.m.

Pray for the children:

Focus! This is not about religion or false prophets or Gods and spirits, etc. OK? Also try to stop trashing people's faith religion etc. Moreover, if you want your religion trashed like you are doing to the FLDS, then simply mention it here and I am sure many will oblige you. Just focus on the facts in evidence. Avoid the rumors. Avoid following your hysterical emotions and fears. Focus on the facts in evidence. OK?

• hope
    June 4, 2008 10:35 a.m.

I sincerely hope that the FLDS will come to their senses and renounce the evil leadership that jeopardized the FLDS children, as they pursued unrighteous dominion over the followers. Lets hope this mother actually complies with the restraining order.

• To Janet
    June 4, 2008 10:34 a.m.

Didn't your "Christ-like" prophet tell you it was bad to use the internet?! Maybe you ought to go sew or make more babies or something.

• transplant
    June 4, 2008 10:29 a.m.

If CPS didn't do what they did in removing those kids the abused girl would never have been helped. I don't think any reasonable thinking person believes that she would have remained on the ranch during a house to house investigation for victims. No way. These kids now have an awareness of potential abuse growing up and more likely not choose to be a party to it. Texas has prevented an immearsurable amout of damage to this population. Also a lesson in change. You can do it. I'm hoping that the next issue tackled is that of child labor.

• A question?
    June 4, 2008 10:28 a.m.

If this child was offered up as a child bride aren't both her parents responsible?

• AMS
    June 4, 2008 10:23 a.m.

[A man named Raymond Jessop is also prohibited from having any contact with her. The order does not say what the relationship is between him and the girl.]

I think we can figure out the "relationship."

I'm glad the kids GENERALLY are being returned. But I'm not glad about this girl. If she has been sexually abused, it was very likely with her mothers knowledge. She didn't protect her daughter before. Will she now?

• Janet
    June 4, 2008 10:15 a.m.

I am 23, I have gone through high school and I have a GED. I chose not to go to college. Warren Jeffs has not abused anyone, he is Christ-like. Truth will prevail, and I want to be on the side of truth. God bless His Prophet!

• Pray for the children
    June 4, 2008 10:03 a.m.

Save the Flds children. They need to be free from becoming sex slaves. I pray God will help the mothers so that they can help their children. I hope the authorities can stop all the sex abuse in the Flds cult. The Flds', false prophet, Warren Jeffs needs to stay behind bars for the rest of his natural life. He is an evil man and should never see the light of day or ever be given the chance to be around another young girl to abuse.

• zxcvbnm
    June 4, 2008 10:02 a.m.

Way to go CPS.......the child has to keep away from Warren Jeffs. The guy is behind bars several hundred miles away for the next ten years at a minimum.
    The other guy has 1700 acres to occupy his time.
    So the stall lasted an extra couple of days and cost how much more money. Is the other guy even on the ranch or he "vacationing" in Mexico?

• Anonymous
    June 4, 2008 9:59 a.m.

Fantastic. Her father should be easy to keep away, since Utah has him locked up, and Arizona might want a piece of him after that, and who knows after that?

We keep hearing that there was "other evidence of abuse", but no explanation of what that might be. Is it the same type of evidence that kept adults in custody as minors? Is it that kind of evidence?

If there are specific cases of abuse, treat them on a case by case basis, as is being done for this girl. That is the correct approach.

• VA gal
    June 4, 2008 9:56 a.m.

This is what they should have done two months ago. Instead of coming in there knocking down doors they should have investigated and then dealt with the few cases of abuse that could be legitimate.

I am glad this girl is with her mom, I am glad she is being protected from anyone that would hurt her. If a person did hurt her I hope he gets justice handed to him.

• Home Sweet Texas
    June 4, 2008 9:54 a.m.

Sounds like Warren Jeffs will be moving back to Texas after serving his time in Utah and Arizona.

• realitycheck
    June 4, 2008 9:48 a.m.

looks like the first abuser, Raymond Jessop, has been identified. I wonder if he's made it to Canada or Mexico yet?

So now there are several mothers that aren't returning to the ranch. I was hoping there would be more (perhaps there will be), so the children could have a real future instead of spending their whole lives watering flowers. Big world out there. Be good if they had some choices in life.

Maybe the kids will now get more than an 8th grade education. Now that would be outstanding.