Mitt among McCain's holiday guests

• Anonymous
    May 23, 2008 11:01 a.m.

My money is on Crist.

• Ed J. Jewkes
    May 23, 2008 4:15 a.m.

What people don't understand about Mitt is that he is what is known in psychology as a "Role Player." In other words when he was a Stake President he played the role, when Governor he played the role of the Governor or that state: "Liberal." Who knows what role he would play as a Vice-President? If, I were McCain I wouldn't consider Mitt as a running mate because he would spend all his time, McCain's, defending and answering questions about Mitt.

• Falcon
    May 22, 2008 6:14 p.m.

Makes me sick when Utah newspapers refer to this guy as "MITT" and act like they are close friends with Mitt Romney. He represents a New England state and has no affiliation with Utah other than he is LDS. By the way Utah, you did your boy a disservice recently by carrying Utah by such a disportionate religious majority. The backlash will be even greater in November.

• To Re: Susan @4:10
    May 22, 2008 4:01 p.m.

You said "I will vote for the politicians that promise to leave me alone & my paycheck alone (I will share it with whomever I see fit, not with the ones that feel they deserve it!)"

I keep hearing this same attitude from so many Utah voters, and it truly saddens me. When will we, as Americans, wake up and realize that we're all in this together. When we help those who truly need help we actually make our country stronger. ALL of us benefit.

If we're not willing to fund necessary programs then we all lose. Or would you rather charge each person who uses the fire department, calls the police, or goes to a public school? Would you prefer to have toll roads all over the country instead of an interstate system?

I just wish people would realize where such self-centered attitudes might actually lead.

• Re: Susan @ 4:10 am
    May 22, 2008 10:04 a.m.

If you are so worried only about a stance on gay marriage, then you will be disappointed in any canidate.
    It should be based on as many political points as possible, not just one!
    As far as saying what voters want to hear to get elected ... Duh! ... ALL politicians do this, it is called "Kissing-up", "Smoosing" (sic), etc. ... Obama is the best at this & his speechwriters/handlers are doing a great job.

AIMHO

• ChangeYes.BHOChangeNo.
    May 22, 2008 9:43 a.m.

Obama will not be lulled into anything. Michelle will tell him when to lull and what to lull. The last thing we need is another two for one presidency. As young as he is, he will probably be on the American political scene for many years, but he will NOT be president in '08. It is not a secret that Mitt Romney is against gay marriage and he has said so loud and clear. Wake up, Little Susie. The Dems' chief talking point is that to elect John McCain would be a third term for George Bush. That will soon wear thin. In the 5+ months until the general election, John McCain will firmly establish himself as his own man and bury Obama in his own eloquent socialistic, appeasement rhetoric.

• Geriatric
    May 22, 2008 9:14 a.m.

I'm worried about McCain's age and how he seems to hobble around when you see him walking. He appears rather stiff, on the verge of needing a cane or walker.

• Anonymous
    May 22, 2008 9:00 a.m.

I'm with ya there Gretzky.

• Gretzky
    May 22, 2008 7:38 a.m.

don't waste your time Mitt. Obama wins in '08 then you win in '12.

• Susan
    May 22, 2008 4:10 a.m.

John McCain is not a leader. Where is he on the Gay marriage issue?

I haven't seen any comments about this. He is too chicken to take a stand on this.

He will be like a Arnold. He is just saying what the voters want to hear until elected. At least with Obama we will not be LULLED into a false securtiy that everything is alright! With John McCain we will think things are alright when he will sell us all done the river. Do not follow this man.