4A high school soccer playoffs: Mtn. View needed double OT to make it to state finals

• Laker Pride
    Oct. 11, 2008 2:40 p.m.

Yeah, Bonneville will own the "Big Bad Brave's" in any other sport. Get some.

• BHS
    July 27, 2008 4:23 p.m.

I go to Bountiful High and i can say that you pick someone out and get in his head, that is the whole reason for fans. it is fun and who cares about sportsmanship when you win?

• Braves!!!
    May 27, 2008 4:16 p.m.

Dear Boneville,

HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW?!?!

• BRAVES!!!!
    May 22, 2008 10:13 p.m.

BRAVES TAKE STATE!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    May 22, 2008 12:01 p.m.

As a Timpview parent we played MV in 2 realy tough games this year. The only yelling was at refs for not making or making calls. NEVER at opposing team players. They have great fans go Bruins do region 7 proud.

• asian sensation
    May 22, 2008 11:01 a.m.

good job MV. they played a well fought game against bonneville. i can't take that away from them they hustled and played well in the second half. bonneville should of put the game away with the opportunities given in the first half alone. MV had only two shots on goal. But sometimes you fall short on luck and it just wasn't the day for the lakers. good finish by the MV forward and i wish them the best of luck today.

• re: nostra.
    May 21, 2008 11:41 p.m.

you are all just Haten on them BRUIN CRAZIES you just wish you could have fanzz like them there called " crazies" for reason son!
    get out of sports if you can't handle it! Oh and what school got the sportsmen ship award oh MV did!

• Re: re:re:nostra
    May 21, 2008 9:27 p.m.

I do not know how you can say that you have been to all of the bountiful games and all you have heard is good from your fans. i was at the springville vs. bountiful game in the springville side of the stands and i could hear from across the field bountiful fans yelling at our players and calling them names, all i can say is bountiful has probally the worst sportsmanship of any team we have played all year.

• re:re:nostra
    May 21, 2008 4:37 p.m.

Hey wait a minute, nostradomis started this dialogue by complimenting someone who complimented the bonneville fans. He said he was was glad to hear it, he never said anything derogatory about anyones fans. I think I know where nostradomis sits he's pretty neutral, I sit in the Bountiful stands and haven't missed a game this year I've never heard anyone call out an individual player, we always cheer for our team, and display excellant sportsmanship. Our coaches demand it, I was at the Bountiful-brighton game and a bengal fan threw a hot dog at the linesman, the brighton coach came over and gave the whole section HE double toothpicks for it, I gained a lot of respect for the brighton program that day. That's what the Bountiful organization expects as well....

• To: The Difference
    May 21, 2008 4:12 p.m.

So now you're going to start pointing fingers at me? Sheesh fella, lighten' up. I am way past my high school years, and wasn't even at the game. All I'm saying is fans will be fans, especially in Utah. Look at the Jazz, or RSL, some of the loudest and most deragatory remarks are made, and guess what...that's ok. Yes, they yell directly at a player, if they can get in the players head...they have achieved success. You say poor sportsmanship, I say, I'd rather win.

• ????Transfer
    May 21, 2008 3:30 p.m.

The MV defenders and Goal keeper did a great job.
    ???transfer??? Where did the GK transfer from or did he. He has been playing for MV four years right!

• great coach
    May 21, 2008 3:14 p.m.

I don't beleive the MV coach would ever be heckling other players. He's been coach youth players for a long time and he is always saying good thing to the player. Im so glad he is at MV. He's coach for the love of the game. Not for money or fame. Mark your the best. good luck!

• re: Nostra
    May 21, 2008 3:07 p.m.

Complaining about opposing teams' fans is amazingly hypocritical. What about the bountiful fans THIS year? Calling out individual players, not even cheering for their team. Bountiful is ANYTHING but sportsmanlike.

• The Difference
    May 21, 2008 1:46 p.m.

Theres a difference between being fanatical about your team and heckling...someone with common sense would know that. When your energy is focused on attacking the other team instead of cheering for your own. Do you enjoy fans making deragatory remarks at you? I don't know anyone who does, doesn't mean i'll stop playing, but its still poor sportsmanship. Sounds like you're probably one of them. Anyone who is familiar with sports knows that true talk comes with your play not from your mouth. Welcome to sports buddy.

• re:amazing
    May 21, 2008 1:41 p.m.

It was a simple chip shot 10' away into an open goal, he handled it well, but it was a simple shot w no GK or defender within 10yards, any 12 year old could have made the shot put in that position...let's not make a so called "amazing or brillant" shot out of something any player at this level should easily be able to do.

• To RE:Nostradomis
    May 21, 2008 1:22 p.m.

"But it just ruins the fun when you have fans heckling you"

What?! Welcome to sports buddy. This isn't AYSO, fans are fans..why? Because they are fanatical about their team, and about them winning. If yelling, screaming, shouting at the other team gives them an edge...they're gonna do it.

• RE: Nostradomis
    May 21, 2008 12:08 p.m.

I wouldn't say MV has had the best sportsmanship or character in years past either. Being in their region last year I would know. They were a good team...but their fans were always very poor, I love playing against good teams. But it just ruins the fun when you have fans heckling you. The coach wasn't a good example either from what I remember. Hopefully they've grown up too

• Transfer?
    May 21, 2008 11:44 a.m.

"I think the goal keeper made a right decision going to MV."

• Soccer
    May 21, 2008 10:51 a.m.

The real story is Jake Parkinson. By far the state's most under-rated player. I've lost track of how many game winning goals he has scored this year. Put a bucket anywhere in the net and Jake will place the ball in the bucket ten times out of ten. Watkins had better not over-look this guy for BYU soccer. Other coaches have, and it cost them region titles. Beat Bountiful.

• nostradomis
    May 21, 2008 10:35 a.m.

I glad to here a comment like "the bonneville fans showed great sportsmanship and character", because of the way the whole organization acted last year. It's nice to know we can all learn from our mistakes, great season to the Lakers.

• where?
    May 21, 2008 9:35 a.m.

hahaha where are you bonneville fans? i dont hear you now saying you'll take state! and i can't believe you haven't cried about the refs yet either! its amazing how one loss when it actually COUNTs can shut a team up.

• re waiting
    May 21, 2008 8:51 a.m.

I'll complain about one wrong in the head fan and I'm rooting for MV

• UV soccer Fan
    May 21, 2008 8:35 a.m.

I said it yesterday Mark's is a great coach. He knows how to get kids to play. Three years at MV and two finals. I hope they win on Thursday. MV needs a state championship. Mark has done more for MV boys soccer in three years than the coach before him has in 20 years. I think the goal keeper made a right decision going to MV. MV has some good players and coaches. Good Luck! You have been playing some great soccer games. Bonneville great season!

• fan
    May 21, 2008 8:03 a.m.

Good game! Good luck for Utah county.

• waiting
    May 21, 2008 7:47 a.m.

im just waiting for the bonneville people to get on this article and complain about the refs haha.

• amazing
    May 21, 2008 7:25 a.m.

I watched the end of that game and the kid who scored the game-winning goal was brilliant. Even as things unfolded he stayed calm and just chipped in the shot. A lot of kid would have become too excited and missed that kind of shot under those circumstances.

Also, I was sitting in the middle of Bonneville fans. They showed great sportsmanship and character. Bonneville has been vilified the last few season, but I saw only classy people. Good job on both fronts.

• ?
    May 21, 2008 6:12 a.m.

What? No excuse from Coach Graham for going into double OT? Seems every time his team wins theres a quote with him saying they didn't play well. Sounds like Mexico's Coach every time they lose to the US except MV actually wins...Congrats to MV, it's ok...even the best teams go into extra time boys. Look at the world cup final

• Anonymous
    May 21, 2008 4:40 a.m.

#10 for MV rocks. Who is that guy?