Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors both out for tonight

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    Jan. 17, 2012 7:25 p.m.

re: zmber

Thanks. Yes I usually can see it on the SD subchannel but a couple of times I have not.

It is really annoying while the Jazz are announcing "....every single game will be broadcast in HD this year....." and yet week after week game after game I am having to watch parts of games in SD and even missing parts of games.

Dishetwork is of course blaming it on "...the Jazz and their contractual arrangements...".

I would really like to know who is to blame. The jazz say they are all available and yet the biggest satellite company in the USA says they can not broadcast what they do not have access to.

Anyone have DirectTV or Cable experiencing these problems? I might dump Dish if they are the odd provider out.

I have heard alot more promotions selling and even giving away tickets and my suspicion is that there are partial local blackouts to frustrate fans into going and buying tickets to go to the game.

Newsflash for Jazz: I choose what games I want to go to and if you attempt to try to force me to attend more I might stop watching and going.

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Jan. 17, 2012 6:46 p.m.

Young guys getting a chance for more minutes is just what the doctor ordered.I would like to see Tinsley get more minutes also..

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 17, 2012 6:30 p.m.

Call dish you guys and threaten a switch to someone else that may bring them to their greedy milk!

• zmber Ogden, UT
    Jan. 17, 2012 6:11 p.m.

@Jazz Source
    I have dish as well and have had the same issue. However, I have always been able to find the SD channel. The SD channel will always be the sub channel of the HD (JIP ) channel. So if the game is on channel 475 HD (JIP) the SD channel will also be 475. If you can't see the SD channel, while you're in guide hit guide again and it should bring up all channels and you should be able to see it then. I hate what they are doing with the broadcasts this year. Anyway, hope this was helpful. Enjoy the games!

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    Jan. 17, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Its too bad if Favors can't go. We need some athletic bigs to go against theirs.

Question about the game broadcasts on Dish Network. Is anyone else, here in the SLC market, having a problem getting the entire game broadcast? Dishnetwork seems to be frequently starting the broadcast 30 mins to an hour into the game and on the Dish channel is says (JIP) which I presume means Join In Progress.

Tonight it is messed up again. The HD broadcast is JIP starting at 7:30pm which is 30 minutes after start. Tonght fortunately there is a standard definition broadcast on a different channel as well so I will watch the first 30 minutes in SD and then the rest of the game in HD. Some nights there is no SD channel though so you so you just flat out miss nearly the first half of the game.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these same problem? Is it the same on Direct TV? Cable?

Annoying to pay for the sports network and then get a part of the game. Do they broadcast half a football or half a baseball game? No. What a joke.

Go Jazz.

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    Jan. 17, 2012 3:37 p.m.

Coach Corbin, youve been doing a great job but you need my help with tonight's game. If Griffin has a big game it's going to be tough to win this game. The Jazz strength is that we are deep with big strong guys. Hopefully Favors can play tonight, but we need both Favors and Kantor to body up Griffin and keep him away from the basket. In other words if Griffin has a big game and Favors and Kantor only have a couple fouls each, we're not using them correctly tonight. I'm okay if our bigs both foul out if it wears Griffin down and allows Millsap and Jefferson to work on offense. So Corbin, I'm not even going to charge you for my advise but make sure you implement it in the game tonight okay. Enough said!!