Utah Jazz: Coach Jerry Sloan intends to be back for 2011-12 season

Return To Article
Add a comment
  • Claudie4 Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 20, 2011 8:25 a.m.

    That is a November article and doesn't pertain to Feb. 20th!

  • JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 9, 2010 8:42 a.m.

    I'll admit that Sloan drives me crazy sometimes, but I'd rather have him making decisions than me making decisions.

    He's a LOT smarter than any of us on this board.

  • BillM75 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 6:43 p.m.

    Hadn't heard about DW selling his house. BS?

    As for Sloan, he drives me crazy a lot of the time but there are no other options really, unless you're planning on blowing the whole thing up. Some people have pined for Stockton or Hornacek, which is just ludicrous imo.

    And yes, he's highly respected league-wide. He wouldn't be out of work long.

  • LKA Tremonton, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 6:43 p.m.

    carpediem is just starting the old Mavs roumor again. He already said that he dosen't plan on leaving the Jazz. Maybe he needs to join the Mavs board..

  • JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 1:18 p.m.

    Who says you enjoy life by retiring? Sloan has found the work he loves, why would you tell him to walk away from that?

    99% of NBA fans respect and honor Jerry Sloan. The other 1% are the idiot Jazz fans here in Utah that whine about not getting a championship.

    @carpediem- did DWill really sell his home? Where's he living these days?

  • Batman South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 11:25 a.m.

    Good grief. When Jerry hits 70, he better retire. Enjoy life, man, you've earned it.

  • CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Nov. 8, 2010 10:08 a.m.

    I don't like the way Jerry does things most of the time. But he is the best coach for the Jazz. They won't find a better fit than Jerry in Utah. So for me, as long as Jerry wants to stay, let Jerry stay.

  • Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 9:20 a.m.

    So does this mean I have to wish the Spazz another year of wishing them the worse of luck again???

  • Bearone Monroe, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 9:18 a.m.


    You are sooo right in what you say. I would always want Sloan on my side in an alley fight!!!

    I really hate it when people think he is the reason we haven't won the title. This is one of the most respected teams in the league because ownership has it right by not letting the players run the organization. The owner and the coach are the bosses and we don't have the problems that some teams have with "who is in charge"--the players or the owners.

    As for me--I will stick with our team and coach and owner. For those who don't like it---go cheer for some other team!

  • DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 8:33 a.m.

    who want to coach here? So, let him coach the rest of his life here. You bet Jim Bolen would love to take his place some day - ouch that would be ugly.

  • redcliffs Ivins, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2010 8:29 a.m.

    It's pretty hard for the average fan to be able to judge the ability of a head coach although many fans THINK they can do just that. 99.9% of the fan base would be best served listening to the experts from the NBA including players, other coaches and managers as they all keep telling you that the Jazz are lucky to have a head coach like Jerry Sloan. For those of you that think you know better, you don't, and you should just get over yourself!! One more thing I would add about coach Sloan. If I were lost in an unfamilair big city and had to walk down a dark alley to get to a location and could choose just one person to walk with me, it would be Sloan. It's not that he is the toughest guy in the world anymore now that he is in in 60's, but you have to know there is a lot of fight left in that dog and he will fight you until he breathes his last breath:)

  • Arizona2 Tucson, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:50 p.m.

    They don't come any better than Jerry Sloan. Utah's been fortunate to have such a loyal coach. Championship or not, I don't think there's a better coach out there, nor could I picture All-Stars like Karl Malone, John Stockton, or Deron Williams achieving what they have achieved without him.

  • carpediem Holladay, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:42 p.m.

    Hopefully the Jazz can do good enough to make D-Will want to stick around, He sold his home here and I'm worried the Mavs are going to try and get him at the end of the year.

  • chapinitouteco West Jordan, Ut
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:04 p.m.

    Well that cements another year without a championship.