Real Salt Lake's MLS Cup trophy on tour

• Plastic?
    Feb. 25, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I was at the Century Lanudry in WVC and the 92 Dodge Caravan that is being used to drive the cup around pulled up. I didn't know what was up with a faded green and gray van with an RSL magnet door sign and a Dominos pizza sign on top was doing. Some guy dressed in a lion costume jumps out.

He stopped in for several hours. Upon first glance, the cup looks beautiful, but I was allowed to hold it and it is plastic? What gives? I am not even a rugby fan, but just happened to be there. Kind of a slow day, only 2-3 people there, but they let each of us hold the cup while the lion driving the van folded our clothes. Now that is service.

Thanks RSL mascot

• Cup on tour
    Feb. 23, 2010 11:16 a.m.

I just saw it at Blimpie in Kearns. Kind of shocked that it was plastic. Looked like a Jr. Jazz participation trophy. Did all the teams get a similar MLS participation trophy?

If you have not see the cup, I heard it will be at the bus stop in front of Lagoon, then off to Albertson's in Ogden.

• LGBT is gone
    Feb. 20, 2010 8:08 p.m.

LGBT is actually a soccer hater trying to make soccer fans look bad by pretending to be a soccer fan, and also a ... well you know. Don't worry though. We pushed him in front of a bus.

• SNOOOOWWW
    Feb. 19, 2010 4:22 p.m.

Where is the impersonator now? Really stupid that the dn doesn't adopt a profile standard for comments. They must like people posting multiple comments at a time and trying to represent themselves as someone else.

Season is on its way and i cant wait to be inside the riot cheering on the team.
    I agree the team is so personal with their fans and its great to be a part of.

• 3 dollar bill
    Feb. 18, 2010 2:48 p.m.

LGBT,

I know how hard it is too. Nothing takes the pain away like uniting behind a cause though and I think RSL is a great thing for helping you. You are a champion, we all are champions now! Allez RSL!

• todd from santa ana
    Feb. 18, 2010 1:47 p.m.

Letting the fans see and touch the cup is a great idea. Makes the fans feel apart of the championship. Hope to get another one this year. To LGBT, I have dealt with similar ignorance from other people that do not understand people like us. That is why I reside in Santa Ana. At least you can call the RSL fan base family. Hope to see you at an upcoming game.

• re: LGBT
    Feb. 18, 2010 1:31 p.m.

Wow! You're L, G, B, and T; and you like soccer? No wonder you don't fit in in Utah!

• Big Green Tractor
    Feb. 18, 2010 1:25 p.m.

Congrats to RSL. Great to see the cup. LGBT, welcome aboard, glad to have you on board sailor.

• Proud
    Feb. 18, 2010 1:12 p.m.

I am proud of LGBT for having courage! I am glad you feel part of a family that is RSL fans. Welcome to our team.

• LGBT
    Feb. 17, 2010 2:17 p.m.

It's really cool to have a trophy to parade around- the first thing in a long time that makes me proud to be from Utah. I've felt like a 2nd class citizen ever since I came out and the bigotry has been unbelievable. RSL has given me something to believe in. I'll be loyal forever.

GO RSL!

• Johnny Utah
    Feb. 17, 2010 7:21 a.m.

Wish I could've been there.