Ellen Goodman: SLCC basketball: Crazed Bruins reach NJCAA semis

• Bruins NJCAA Champs!!!
    March 20, 2008 10:10 p.m.

I have personally met a couple of the players on the team and I am thrilled to hear they are doing so well. I hope they can take it all the way and bring a national championship home. I have gone to games for years and they have had a lot of very good teams there, it's about time they get the recognition for it.

To HeyNorm!, getting Norm Parrish to become a Ute assistant sounds like a good idea in theory but I think I remember him saying in an article a while ago that he isn't interested in leaving the junior college ranks to go to a major university. I don't think he's going anywhere.

• Badger Fan for the Bruins
    March 20, 2008 9:28 p.m.

Here's a Snow fan who is thrilled to see SLCC doing so well. Way to represent! We're hoping you bring home the championship.

• HeyNorm!
    March 20, 2008 3:32 p.m.

After seeing that empty coaches chair up at Utah, I say coach Boylen should seek out the services of one NORM PARRISH..... Nice article by the D-news... We still need more pub. following this great accomplishment.

• Quiet Fan
    March 20, 2008 2:07 p.m.

Bullish on the Bruins. Thanks DNews for some coverage. No box scores? TV coverage?

• Tyler
    March 20, 2008 12:29 p.m.

Good job and good luck. It would be incredible if they won it all.I hope they do.

• Proud Ute
    March 20, 2008 10:27 a.m.

I am very greatful for the DNews for keeping Utah informed on how our boys are doing in Kansas, wish others would be as proud of SLC, Utah as you are.

• Rise and Shout
    March 20, 2008 10:18 a.m.

Congrats. Now I know they would beat the utes. Even on their home floor...

• Bruin Fan
    March 20, 2008 10:10 a.m.

Thanks to the DNews and Jody for covering SLCC's trip to the BIG DANCE! Thanks for taking a chance on us and I hope it pays off BIG for both SLCC and the DNews!

Go Bruins!!

• bun
    March 20, 2008 9:34 a.m.

Wow. It takes them to get the final four before they are finally recognized as an entity around here.

• Amazing
    March 20, 2008 9:10 a.m.

I just wanted to congradulate the bruins on their success. Having played their a couple years back I think that Norm Parrish and the team really deserve this. Good luck in the Semi's.

• SLCC Alum