BYU basketball: BYU women lose at Air Force

• Gretzky
    March 4, 2008 1:57 p.m.

i have been to a game vs. Utah at CougarTown and the Cougs have NO umph. i suspect the marriage bug has hit a few players and for whatever reason, the glue is not there. the men were suffering from lack of take-charge leadership (and still do except now Ben Murdoch seems to have stepped up to the plate) and perhaps the lady Cougs are not satisfied with their team leaders and thus no glue to keep it all intact. the Lady Utes are amazing at their point guard positions. BYU does not have that quickness. looks like it's a rebuilding year.

• Coaching IS that easy
    March 3, 2008 11:17 a.m.

Coaching is that easy for Elaine Elliott. (...and she doesn't blame every thing on her players!)

• re: fan-analysis
    March 2, 2008 9:28 p.m.

Just a a little criticism for you to grow from: Look up the word FAN. You might be surprised!

• Fan=analysis
    March 2, 2008 7:07 p.m.

I don't want to coach. I like being a fan, and expressing opinions. Coaching is a tough gig, and Judkins is a good coach, sometimes you just have to take new ideas and utilize them. Same ole, same ole isn't always the best. I believe in the theory, the older I get, the more I realize how much I don't know. Be willing to except critizm and grow from it.

• RE: Fan-Analysis
    March 2, 2008 11:08 a.m.

It would really be great if coaching was as easy as you make it sound. You should find yourself a team and it sounds like you would be coach of the year every year. You have sure gotten all my respect from listening to all your knowledge. I will be watching the job openings and for your name to be announced soon so that I can follow your great successes. You do seem to have all the right answers.

• Learn
    March 2, 2008 8:31 a.m.

Learn a better offense. The one being used is NOT working.

• fan-analysis
    March 2, 2008 6:43 a.m.

As a fan, it's depressing and disappointing. This team has a lot of talent, everyone can see it. I haven't been to a practice, I don't know what's going on behind the scene, but somethings not right. How do two kids who started early in their freshmen year now only see five to ten minutes a game. Your losing Moeaki and Foreman. Their confidence is gone. Wood your most productive player, per minutes played, yet she still doesn't play her big minutes.

Mindy, Mallary, and Shawnee (all two guards) and on any other team would be battling for minutes at the same position, all play big minutes at the same time for BYU. The subsitution pattern is all over the place. No consistance. As a player, they don't know when their going to play, or what's expect, or why. They are just on the bench, hoping to get in, make a mistake and then yanked out.

It's past time, open your eyes, drop the tunnel vision. Play your talent, lose the dedication, take their youthful mistakes and teach. Open up the offense, tell them all to score (not just two seniors) You might be surprised.