8th Utah County Demo joins race

• Joe
    Feb. 28, 2008 1:00 p.m.

If you want someone with a solid track record who understands and has taught law, the constitution, and financial management, who has worked on the board of several non-profit organizations, has helped countless disadvantaged children to get the justice and protection they deserve, vote for Hill! You don't often get a chance to vote for someone of such integrity and experience. Go Claralyn!

• Sequim Six
    Feb. 27, 2008 9:51 p.m.

Congratulations, Claralyn, on running for office! Your experience, honesty, and common sense leadership are just what the area needs.

• hmmm
    Feb. 27, 2008 3:36 p.m.

Are there no people against her running? I'd be interested to also hear about people against her candidacy and for the incumbent.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 27, 2008 9:57 a.m.

I'm solidly conservative, but I would vote for any and every Democrat this year if I could.

Just looking at the vast grab bag of goodies the legislature has handed out to illegals should explain why. Our Republican-controlled legislature feels no pressing need to listen to the voters because they know there's almost no chance of them losing their own elections and there's zero chance of Republicans losing control. The only way to get back their ear is to make them fight for our votes.

• Let me get this straight
    Feb. 27, 2008 8:52 a.m.

So all 8 Democrats in Utah County are running for one office?

It will be funny when they get 1 vote each in the election. I would've given them 2 votes each but I'm pretty sure the candidates' spouses will be voting Republican.

• PC
    Feb. 27, 2008 7:10 a.m.

Democrat has become the new black in Utah County

• Citizen
    Feb. 27, 2008 6:53 a.m.

So we finally find out that BYU professors are all closet Democrats. Why did they wait so long to come out?

• Sandy Resident
    Feb. 27, 2008 2:37 a.m.

Wow, she sounds like she could be a great candidate for office in this great State of ours. My only regret is that she doesn't live in Sandy where I hope that she could be my representative than Mr (closed-minded, dominate Republican) Greg Hughes.

• utah dem for change
    Feb. 27, 2008 12:29 a.m.

Eight democratic candidates in Utah County? now i have seen everything