Park City's Main Street brimming with swag during Sundance

• Yes, the IRS is Coming
    Jan. 24, 2008 10:21 p.m.

Hey, dl - they are taxed. That's why some stars have cut back. They have to sign a list when they pick up their swag. It went into effect a year or two ago... there was a big stink raised by some celebs when it kicked in.

• dl
    Jan. 24, 2008 5:30 p.m.

If you or I were to go on a game show and win anything-we would be forced to pay taxes on the retail value of the item(s).

When are the dummies from the IRS going to start charging these overpaid "stars" for the stuff they collect at EVERY function?

• just little ole me
    Jan. 24, 2008 2:01 p.m.

This story makes me ill. 1000's of children go to be hungry at night and these "stars" who make millions are scarfing up free and expensive goodies. How can they hold their heads up in public. They should be ashamed of themselves. Ridiculous!!

• zzzzz
    Jan. 24, 2008 1:52 p.m.

(yawn)zzzzzzzzzzzzz (yawn) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz But then I guess I'm part of the problem since I clicked here and read the stupid article too...

• Anonymous
    Jan. 24, 2008 1:23 p.m.

You know you'd gladly trade places with any of these celebrities for a month or so if you could.
    So stop the whining.

• Lemmings
    Jan. 24, 2008 12:26 p.m.

"In today's world, when a consumer sees a celebrity wearing something, they want to go out and buy it,"

• Bugged
    Jan. 24, 2008 11:35 a.m.

What bugs is the sense of entitlement and the weasels that accomodate them.

• Anonymous
    Jan. 24, 2008 9:01 a.m.

Situations don't make the person - they reveal them.

And what has been revealed is a humungous amount of full-blown petty jealousy.

• Jeff
    Jan. 24, 2008 8:51 a.m.

Not sure of the validity of this story but I heard 50 Cent was at a party with his entouage of about 20 and didn't like the free meal and wanted hamburgers instead.

Too bad that some of that swag they gave out didn't include a FREE George Formean grill, 20 pounds of hamburger and all of the fixings for Sir Fiddy. (Sarcasm off).

• Sera
    Jan. 24, 2008 8:20 a.m.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Going to Park City Utah in January without "the proper
    footwear.." Hello Brittany Murphy! But then again, what the heck she scored a free pair of boots, maybe she is smarter than I am giving her credit for.

• Go home!
    Jan. 24, 2008 7:22 a.m.

Just a personal party for Redford and his plastic friends.

• Uncle Mittardo
    Jan. 24, 2008 12:37 a.m.

Yawn. More news about self-important buffoons.