MormonSpeak: Prayer is the answer

• Suzie
    Nov. 25, 2008 12:59 p.m.

Your words touched my heart as they always do. I love your candid way of expressing yourself, and the warmth with which you "invite the stranger in," which, in essence, is what we, your readers, are.

• AnnieB
    Nov. 26, 2007 4:26 p.m.

Thanks for your article...honest, candid, eloquent. I like how C.S. Lewis puts it: "I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me."

• me and my thoughts
    Nov. 12, 2007 8:40 p.m.

Thank you so much for your article. I can't imagine my life without prayer. I would be lost! Isn't it wonderful that we have a wise and loving Heavenly Father who is always and forever there for us? Thanks again for putting into words what many of us can't do so articulately!

• Annie
    Nov. 12, 2007 5:34 a.m.

Even though it may seem all our prayers are not answered, I love to pray because of the comforting feeling I get knowing Heavenly Father hears me way down here in Trinidad and I can trust Him. He is my one true friend.

• just me
    Nov. 9, 2007 6:37 p.m.

Beautiful. Your reply said it all. Thank you for sharing.

• hbeckett
    Nov. 9, 2007 12:15 p.m.

• Pray, always
    Nov. 9, 2007 11:05 a.m.

We pray, because God desires for us to pray. He desires to part of our life. He promises to answer prayer. We are to 'pray without, seizing'. We are to 'ask, and it will be given' Luke 11:9. We are told to pray for others, and to pray in unity.

• Jamie Wichita KS
    Nov. 9, 2007 8:35 a.m.

Prayer is our hotline to our Father in Heaven. We communicate with our earthly fathers about everything, so why not our Heavenly Father?

• Randy
    Nov. 9, 2007 2:56 a.m.

Great thought... just what I needed in a lonely hotel room in the middle of China, looking for an answer....

• cduc