Local actor lived a sometimes too-dramatic life

He turned life around after battling addictions

• Josh
    Nov. 29, 2007 12:38 p.m.

Mr. Lincoln, I am absolutely disgusted by your "tribute." Shame on you for writing such poison.

• Bobby
    Oct. 24, 2007 10:07 a.m.

Alright Mr. Humberto and Jeremiah. 1st off, I don't appreciate your rude comments about this wonderful article on My Uncle. Ivan did a great job and spoke the truth about what was real and what My Uncle Scott would have liked to of been put out there. Ivan we appreciate what you have done and it is a honor to have this article in the newspaper about such an inspirational man. If anyone should worry about anyone being offended they should be worried about Scott himself aswell as his family and wife. & you know guys were not. & Scott would be honored and I know he is. God Bless you Uncle Scott and all who reads this.
    Love your Niece Bobby

• Barbara
    Oct. 24, 2007 9:34 a.m.

Ivan tryed not to offend any one in his article on Scott but I see He did't.You all need to know Scott made his choices, To become gay ,to use drugs,acholo,and to change his his life style. He lived the gay life for 15 years and it was not a happy time.He chose 10 years ago to change and change he did. He chose his family,he chose his love for Tammy and he chose his love for is church. It's all about choice, and he chose right. He is a wonderful man and a son and husband. He is going to be missed .We love you son. Love Mom

• Lydia
    Oct. 24, 2007 8:58 a.m.

Scott was a very unique and wonderful person, We also lived thru the hell he went thru, we (his family) was there dealing with the struggles he went thru, it affected all of us in the family, we loved him and supported him thru the good, the bad and the ugly. And nobody outed him, he never made it a secret of his lifestyle. And when he CHOOSE to straighten out his life and return to the church, he did it with his see wide open, and he never blamed anyone for the bad choices or for the good ones. He took full responsiblity for all of his choices. We hated what he did to himself during the bad times(drugs and alcohol). And we will always love him. I love you Tammy!!!!! Scott will always be one of my HEROS!!!!!

• Mary
    Oct. 23, 2007 8:26 p.m.

Those of us that have had the opportunity of having Scott as a part of our lives, whether as family, co-worker, or friend, know the truth of Scott's trials and the truth of his triumphs. We thank Ivan for his wonderful tribute to Scott and pray for understanding from those that do not understand or choose not to understand. Scott may be my nephew, but due to closeness of age, we were raised more like siblings. He truly is a wonderful man that showed love and compassion to all of us, even as he struggled with his last dying breath. May God bless all of us with the same strength of character that Scott possessed. Tammy, you are indeed a rock! My love to you.

• Jeremiah
    Oct. 18, 2007 4:37 p.m.

What's with the phrases "He drifted into the gay lifestyle" and "Same-Gender Attraction Issues". The reporter must have been a graduate of Evergreen. Either you like dudes or chicks or both. Being gay means you like guys. This guy liked guys and gals so he's bisexual, not "same-sex attracted". The "gay lifestyle" is just as varied as the "straight lifestyle" and when was the last time you heard about someone "drifting into the straight lifestyle". What would that even mean? I can understand a reporter using the terms "active lifestyle" or "lifestyles of the rich and famous" but "gay lifestyle"? C'mon, Deseret News, you can do better than that.

• Todd
    Oct. 17, 2007 12:13 a.m.

Humberto... dude did you read the article? He was in the middle of writing a candid book about his life story. No one is outing him. He outed himself long ago. And he doesn't sound at all repressed to me. I am grateful Scott was courageous enough to share his real life and not hide who he was, where he had been, and what became most important to him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Margo
    Oct. 16, 2007 11:04 p.m.

I applaude Scott's ability to courageously recognize and proudly state that individuals are not victims, whose lives are dictated and controlled by addictions, but rather, he believed and told me many times, that we are more than animals, capable of directing and choosing a better and freer way to live. His dying words were to all those who choose, like he once did, to buy into the lies that there is no other way or choice. We each can choose what our lives will be. His courage and discipline is an inspiration to me when I feel weak and wish to give in to my vices. Scott told me his only regret was that many of his old friends or acquaintances might rationalize or minimize his powerful transformation so they could continue in self distruction. I hope others are inspired by him as I have been. He was a man of sorrow, yes, but then reborn and full of endless hope, joy, charity and humor. I don't think he was hiding anything. He broke free and was soaring and still is. I'm blessed to have worked and known such a dynamic man who walked the walk of courageous choice.

• Humberto
    Oct. 16, 2007 11:14 a.m.

I don't think this is an appropriate forum for discussing his "same gender attraction issues." He apparently was unwilling to live as a homosexual, so he suppressed that for the sake of his church. That's his business. Why are you outing him here though? What business is it of yours or anyones?

• Julianne
    Oct. 14, 2007 3:26 p.m.

What a nice tribute

• Josh Tenney
    Oct. 14, 2007 1:31 a.m.

I met Scott while performing in Ragtime at the Hale Center Theater. He was a loving, wonderful, unique individual. I wish I had gotten to know him better. My prayers are with his family.

I know he is in a better place, and was welcomed with loving, open arms.