One killed and eight injured in mine bump at Crandall Canyon

• ColoradoMiner
    Aug. 17, 2007 4:45 a.m.

Prayers from across the miles, from a Willow Creek Explosion Survivor.

• Aaron A
    Aug. 17, 2007 12:43 a.m.

May God guide the rescuers to the place they need to go, may God comfort those who have already lost relatives, and may God lay his hand upon the shaking earth. My prayers, my heart, and my tears are with you all. Trust in God and he will direct your path.

• melody m
    Aug. 16, 2007 11:56 p.m.

My heart goes out to all of the people involved in this whole situation, especially the families of the trapped minors. I also believe in the saying never say never and hold onto your faith in God. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you, Thank you too, for all of the people who are helping in anyway they can during this terrible situation.

• With Love
    Aug. 16, 2007 11:14 p.m.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man will lay down his lift for his friends." -John 15:13

Thank you for the inspiration you bring. You will be remembered.

• 2 rescuers killed...
    Aug. 16, 2007 11:08 p.m.

SL Trib is reporting that a second rescuer has died.

What a difficult decision facing the rescuers and those running the rescue operation.

• Skeptic
    Aug. 16, 2007 10:38 p.m.

The rescue workers are truely heroic but getting the six out may end up costing more lives. It is a real "iffy" situation. Nobody will say it publicly but there must be a lot of doubts about the value of perhaps killing dozens of workers to rescue guys or maybe even just recover guys. Anyway, hats off to all involved. Going in there requires some amazing courage at this point.

• betty
    Aug. 16, 2007 10:11 p.m.

We will continue to pray for all miners. They are heros!

• Michelle
    Aug. 16, 2007 10:04 p.m.

My heart is aching. All my prayers to the 6 miners and the courageous rescuers that risk so much for their brothers.
    May God cradle you in his hands.

• Diane
    Aug. 16, 2007 9:55 p.m.

I agree.

• Magnagal
    Aug. 16, 2007 8:56 p.m.

This is a terrible turn of events. I hope and pray that all will turn out well and that all Utahns will band together in prayer for these miners and their families.