Former Marine takes down man after clerk is hit

• sylvia edwards
    Sept. 25, 2009 12:37 a.m.

Very proud of all Military especially my husband in Iraq. Excellent work my friend both of ya'll:)

• Anonymous
    Sept. 24, 2009 9:27 a.m.

we need more man like him in mthis world then maby the crooks would get the point not here i was a mp for over 20 years and to this very day WORNG IS WORNG. THE SO CALLED LAWS PROTECK THE CROOKS MORE SO THEN THE VITOMS AND I THANK THAY SHOUD BRING BACK PULIKE HANGINGS that would make the crook/ crooks thank twices be for thay do the crime the cffcers are tided up with the libruls laws the crooks have more rights then the cops. thats just WORNG.

• rvalens2
    Sept. 23, 2009 9:32 p.m.

Ya just gotta love a story like this one. It just lifts everyone's spirits.

I'm just glad he was there to take the crook down before the clerk got punched again.

We could all learn a lesson from Sjostrom about helping each other out.

• The Gunny
    Sept. 23, 2009 9:09 p.m.

Semper fi,in the way a Marine should act!

• Anonymous
    Sept. 23, 2009 8:39 p.m.

semper fi...and thank you !!

• Charlotte
    Sept. 23, 2009 8:35 p.m.

How wonderful of the Marine! It shows that some people still know how to help someone in trouble.

• sandy
    Sept. 23, 2009 6:30 p.m.

The young man was Great! To many people stand by when someone is assalted afraid to get involved.Our marines awesome!

• annie
    Sept. 23, 2009 5:49 p.m.

hooray for this wonderful young man. the marines are sooo awesome [former army brat here].

• TXMomof4
    Sept. 23, 2009 5:25 p.m.

OORAH is right. Both my daughter and son in law are marines. Way to go James. Not surprised either. I had to alugh about the marines being there first.LOL :) HE is a hero.

• secondson70
    Sept. 23, 2009 2:35 p.m.

I loved what the marine did, I used to be a police officer, I am small but I was always able to take the bad guys down. It was not always easy and many times I could have used someone like Sjostrom to help me out. Good for him, great story.

• Elaine Connelly
    Sept. 23, 2009 2:12 p.m.

OORAH for the Marine. In my immediate family there are/were 4 marines. I am proud to say my son and my grandson are marines. Once a Marine always a Marine. SEMPER FI

• Bob the 80 year old Marine
    Sept. 23, 2009 12:54 p.m.

There is no such thing as a former Marine. Sjostrom just wasn't on active duty at the time.Once a Marine always a Marine.

• Marylou Little
    Sept. 23, 2009 11:43 a.m.

Hey, I got this in the mail today, as I usually do and usually I hust send it on to some of the families I know who have people in the armed forces, but today I read it. It is a great story and I think I will encourage others on my list of e-mails to tead it too. Thanks again for putting these stories out. Mary Lou

• martha
    Sept. 23, 2009 11:38 a.m.

Hooray for the Marine. Not many people will get involved in something like this. He should get a medal or an award from the store or at least the city.