Black sergeant was 'loyal Klansman'

• Black Klansman Santa Ana, CA
    March 12, 2014 10:14 a.m.

I was a detective—the first (and at that time the only) Black detective in the history of the CSPD—assigned to the Intelligence Unit. Yes, I said Black detective. That is what made this an interesting and unique experience. I, a BLACK American of AFRICAN descent, while working an undercover police intelligence investigation, was seeking membership into the Ku Klux Klan!

• Black Klansman Santa Ana, CA
    March 1, 2014 1:29 p.m.

Hello Deseret News readers, I want to thank Deborah Bulkeley and Brian Nicholson for the interview and mentioning my story. I would also like to thank you for all your comments and would like to continue this thread to answer any and all questions. We are all very excited at the Pre-Release of "Back Klansman" coming this April 2014. It's going to be one of the most anticipated books of the year. Any guest appearances or for a book signing schedule you may contact my assistant Pete B. Now we my open up this discussion Ron~

• derek
    Dec. 18, 2009 3:12 p.m.

did he do a investigation into the Black Panthers?..

is there something illegal about belonging to a racial group that im unware of??

• 14/88 Cajun Girl
    Sept. 19, 2009 1:30 a.m.

I want a David Duke Klan card! David Duke is my favorite movement Leader! Louisiana FTW. it is not fair that the 2 Klansmen were not permitted to be near missile buttons that others get to be near, just because of their Spiritual Views! It is a Faith we Whites have in our Folk! why can't we have our own NAACP (national association for the advancement of Caucasian People)?
    I say we stop laying down because of "racist" fear, blacks appropriated the n-word, why can't we appropriate racism? they have! I see the true bias now!

• Anonymous
    July 5, 2009 2:30 p.m.

LOL! I want a card

• Anonymous
    Feb. 22, 2009 7:21 p.m.

Excellent, Sarge frame that card.

• Teri
    May 10, 2008 9:54 a.m.

I JUST WANT TO APPLAUD WORK Y'ALL !!!!!!!!

• jake
    March 18, 2008 4:31 p.m.

sweet i want a card too

• what the
    March 12, 2008 9:41 a.m.

i thought that the ku klux klan was racist against blacks thats what confused me about this topic!

• Sun Devil Journalist
    Nov. 28, 2007 11:53 p.m.

I would LOVE to interview Mr. Stallworth, not just for a story, but for a book. This has to be one of the most interesting things I have ever heard of, kind of makes me want to see just how far you can go with this sort of thing, amazing..I applaud Mr. Stallworth for his accomplishments, and will forever see him as a pioneer.

• Anonymous
    Oct. 10, 2007 10:39 a.m.

I want to meet him and interview him about the KKK. This would be for a history project. Is this posiible?