The new game was revealed via the company’s E3 Direct presentation, Kotaku reports. The trailer can be seen on YouTube and features Link and Princess Zelda investigating what looks to be a haunted cavern, complete with creepy fragmented singing, Calamity Ganon’s energy and a clearly undead Hylian zombie.
The teaser concludes with a message that the game is in development, but a specific release date wasn’t given. According to IGN, “Breath of the Wild” was announced in 2014 before releasing in 2017, so it’s possible fans might not see the game until 2022.
New 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' characters
Polygon also reports that two new characters were announced for “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” — The Hero from the “Dragon Quest” series and Banjo Kazooie from Microsoft and Rare’s series of the same name.
The Hero is primarily modeled after the Luminary from “Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age,” but protagonists from other “Dragon Quest” games are also playable. Additional skins and details for Banjo weren’t shown, but the character will release later this year.
Here’s a handful of other important announcements:Comment on this story
- “Luigi’s Mansion 3” takes place in a giant haunted hotel and features cooperative multiplayer via Gooigi, who looks exactly like he sounds. The game is planned for release later this year.
- “The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” will release on Sept. 20 and features a dungeon construction feature.
- “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” is the first game in the series for Nintendo Switch and will release on March 20, 2020.
- Square Enix’s “Mana” collection, which includes remasters of “The Secret of Mana” and “Trials of Mana” are out on Switch today. A full remake of “Trials” is also in development, according to Polygon.
- A “Dark Crystal” strategy game tying into Netflix's new series is in development and will release later this year.