SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for May 16.
Experts explain how a trade war between China and the U.S. could turn into a real war.
How everything has come together perfectly to stave off flooding in Utah so far.
Utah legislative leaders look at spending up to $1 million to promote 2020 census participation.
The Deseret News looks into what Utah Jazz fans need to know about this week's 2019 NBA draft combine in Chicago.
Alabama just banned nearly all abortions. Here are 5 things you should know.
This nonprofit Utah drug company announced its first generic drugs to offset shortages.
Could this 'Bible for millennials' lead young people back to church?
A look at our featured voices:
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Confessions of a reluctant Christian
- Boyd Matheson: God be thanked for making farmers
- Arianne Brown: New moms should not be afraid to admit when they’re struggling
- Jay Evensen: Don't freak out over e-scooters — or other new things
- Lois Collins: Here's what refugees can teach us about human dignity and kindness
A look at our top-read stories:1 comment on this story
- Fremont High's mascot might not be what you think it is
- Can the Utah Jazz sign an elite free agent? Here are 6 potential targets
- President Russell M. Nelson is heading out on his Pacific Tour: Where will he go?
- Brad Rock: Jason Buck says BYU independence situation 'rips his heart out'
- Southwest Airlines passenger reportedly kicked off for making silly vodka joke
News from the U.S. and world:
- Lawmakers warn White House against war with Iran, call for more 'clarity' | CNN
- Trump declares national emergency over threats against US technology amid campaign against Huawei | CNBC
- Sudan crisis: Talks stall as military demands barricades removed | BBC News
- Rebels hope to kill off May's Brexit deal in 'last-chance' vote | Reuters
- North Carolina sues Juul, claiming deceptive marketing and targeting youth | CNN