SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah company is looking to hire a “Fortnite” gamer who wants to play the game for the entire summer.
HighSpeedInternet.com, which is located in Salt Lake City, is looking to hire a “Fortnite” gamer to play the game for 50 hours and compare and contrast different internet speeds while playing.
“Our goal is to hire someone to play a video game on their current internet connection, then to play on our upgraded internet connection and report their experience back to us,” an official with HighSpeedInternet.com told KMBC in Kansas City.Comment on this story
- The selected candidate will receive $1,000 in cash to play “Fortnite” for 50 hours. The candidate will receive a new modem and “blazing fast internet” for an entire year.
- The candidate will be asked to play “Fortnite,” a battle royale-style game where 100 competitors face off in the last-man-standing affair.
- The candidate will need to complete his or her 50 hours between June 7 and July 31. And it can be done at any time and doesn’t need to be a marathon.
- “In addition to killing off those annoying bush campers, you’ll also want to test your skills with your new internet speeds. After you complete your mission, you’ll hit us up with the story of how high-speed internet boosted your play,” according to the job posting.
- Candidate must be 18 years old or older. But, worry not, you do not need to be a professional gamer to apply.
Deadline: Interested parties must apply by May 31. The winner will be announced on June 7.
The competition is being promoted by HighSpeedInternet.com.