SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for May 7.
A look at our top headlines:
Facebook has a new plan to ban extremists. But will it work?
How BYU's Rylee Jensen is taking the game to new heights
A look at our education coverage:
- Utah charter school seeks forgiveness of special education funds state wants back
- Are renovations of aging State School Board offices 'throwing good money after bad?'
- Two members of Utah State School Board to resign because of moves out of state
- Utah students tackle mental health, school safety, homeless outreach in Civics Day projects
- Ellen gives $10,000 to BYU grad who came out during graduation speech
A look at our top-read stories:
- How scared should we be of a smooch from the 'kissing bug'?
- FAQ: What you need to know about church change in temple sealing policy
- This Utah town banned polygamy and allowed gambling. Here's why its heyday barely lasted a decade
News from the U.S. and world:
- If Trump weren’t president, he’d be charged with obstruction, hundreds of former federal prosecutors say | ABC News
- Myanmar Releases Reuters Journalists Jailed for Reporting on Rohingya Crackdown | The New York Times
- Trump presents 'true legend' Tiger Woods with Presidential Medal of Freedom | Fox News
- Aircraft carrier sent to Middle East after indications Iran planned attack on US forces | ABC News
- Treasury Department Rejects Request for Trump Tax Returns | Wall Street Journal