The leaks, which you can see over at Tom’s Guide, shows off a phone that looks relatively similar to the original Razr device. However, the phone has a flexible screen instead of a text keyboard.
The leaked photos show a phone with a 6.2-inch display with accessories, headphones and a charging cable, too.
- “If Motorola has been able to avoid the problems that marred the Samsung Galaxy Fold, this may prove to be the phone that everyone will lust for this year. I can't imagine anyone saying no to a regular smartphone that halves its size before you put it away,” according to Tom’s Guide.
- Indeed, the Samsung Galaxy Fold device has received mixed reviews so far, especially since some of the devices have snapped at the crease.
Flashback: Back in January, The Wall Street Journal reported that the Motorola Razr would return with a smartphone style. The phone reached peak popularity in the early 2000s before the rise of smartphone devices, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Lenovo, which owns the Motorola brand, decided to bring the smartphone back with a foldable screen.
- The estimated cost will be around $1,500. As I reported for the Deseret News, there will reportedly be only 200,000 units made.
- The original Motorola Razr device sold close to 130 million units, according to Bloomberg.