SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Crimson Carpet Awards were held Monday night at the City Creek Marriott. The event, presented by the student-athlete advisory council, recognizes success in academics, athletics, community service and leadership.
This year’s winners include:
- Ute Proud Award: Britain Covey (football) and Darby Wayner (swimming and diving).
- Wellness Advocate Award: Ally Dickman (softball).
- Team Community Service Award: Utah Gymnastics.
- Rookie of the Year Award: Julia Richter (skiing) and Jason Shelley (football).
- Play of the Year Award: Parker Van Dyke's buzzer-beating 3-pointer vs UCLA (basketball).
- Student-Athlete of the Year Award: Chase Hansen (football) and MyKayla Skinner (gymnastics).
- Most Inspirational Team Award: Cross Country and Track & Field.
Senior Awards2 comments on this story
- John Crawford Community Service Award: Max Flom (soccer).
- James R. "Bud" Jack Scholar Student-Athlete Award: Julie "Flo" Mohagen (skiing).
- Dr. Burtis Evans Award: Daniel Theriault (swimming and diving).
- Dr. Chris Hill Leadership Award: Chandler Anderson (baseball) and Kari Lee (gymnastics).
- Most Inspirational Student-Athlete Award: Lauren McCluskey (track and field) and Parker Van Dyke (basketball).
- Most Outstanding Student-Athlete Award: MaKenna Merrell-Giles (gymnastics) and Mitch Wishnowsky (football).