SALT LAKE CITY — There’s a new synopsis for “Avengers: Endgame” that, you guessed it, brings Captain Marvel into the fold.
What happened: The U.K. cinema chain Vue released a new synopsis that emphasized the need for Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) to help out the team, according to Uproxx.
Read the synopsis in full here:
- “Following the devastating events caused by Thanos in 'Avengers: Infinity War' … things on earth are looking dismal. After the power of the infinity stones decimated half of the population, Thanos (Josh Brolin) has taken up the mantle as ruler of the universe, leaving the Avengers in ruin.
- “The demi-god will only expand upon his tyrannical rule — unless someone manages to stop him. So, with no time to mourn their losses, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans) and Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) must remain resilient and rally the remaining members of earth’s mightiest heroes — and call on the services of Captain Marvel (Brie Larson).
- “Together, they must figure out a way to bring back their vanquished allies and defeat the Mad Titan, or suffer a hopeless existence …”
Flashback: Disney’s Australian website has its own synopsis of the film, which is a little shorter than the Vue one.Comment on this story
- “After the devastating events of 'Avengers: Infinity War' (2018), the universe is in ruins due to the efforts of the Mad Titan, Thanos. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers must assemble once more in order to undo Thanos’ actions and restore order to the universe once and for all, no matter what consequences may be in store.”
And, as I wrote, a German press release promised a “game-changing” and “bombastic bang” in the final “Avengers” film.
- “It is the most expected trailer of the year. What started with 'Iron Man' in 2008, is going to end with a bombastic bang,” the release read. “After lots of adventures and the most dramatic final in the recent movie history of 'Avengers: Infinity War,' all threads of the Marvel Cinematic Universe converge to the ultimate, game-changing showdown.”