SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for April 17.
Ex-Davis High teacher who sexually abused students is seeking parole.
BYU’s Mark Pope is putting together his staff and setting sights on international recruiting.
A look at our political coverage:
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren pledges to end drilling, restore Bears Ears, Grand Staircase if elected president
- Hearing scheduled in lawsuit challenging Utah's new 18-week abortion ban
- Republican, Democratic party leadership races heating up in Utah
- Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson determined to give Wasatch canyons short-term relief
A look at our most popular stories:Comment on this story
- As renovation looms, how will officials protect the iconic Salt Lake Temple from fire?
- Simple Target hack can get you Disneyland and Disney World discounts
- BYU defensive end Langi Tuifua, a local four-star recruit, retiring from football for health reasons
- Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder calls Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul a ‘better coach than me’
News from the U.S. and world:
- Corruption in Venezuela has created a cocaine superhighway to the U.S. | CNN
- ‘When the glaciers disappear, those species will go extinct’ | The New York Times
- Epic vs. Steam: the console war reimagined on the PC | The Verge
- The collapse candidate | The Verge
- The most political animal | The Atlantic
- What does MacKenzie Bezos want? | Quartz