Adobe Stock
The status of Olivia Jade and Isabella Giannulli at University of Southern California remains on hold following the college admissions scandal.

SALT LAKE CITY — The status of Olivia Jade and Isabella Giannulli at University of Southern California remains on hold following the college admissions scandal.

The two women's parents, Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, are accused of paying $500,000 in bribes so that their daughters could attend USC as crew team recruits even though they’ve never participated in crew, according to the Associated Press. Loughlin and Giannulli are among dozens of parents named in the scandal. On Tuesday, Loughlin and Giannulli were indicted on new charges.

The University of Southern California has released a new statement about the children of parents accused in the college admissions scandal.

USC said in its statement that the students won’t be allowed to withdraw from the university and that each student’s situation will be reviewed case by case.

  • "USC determined which applicants in the current admissions cycle are connected to the alleged scheme and they will be denied admission. A case-by-case review of current students who may be connected to the alleged scheme is also underway. We will make informed decisions about those cases as the reviews are completed," according to the USC statement_._
  • “USC has placed holds on the accounts of students who may be associated with the alleged admissions scheme," the statement continued. "This prevents the students from registering for classes (until they have agreed to participate in the review of their case), withdrawing from the university, or acquiring transcripts while their cases are under review.”
  • "USC, like other universities around the country, follows a federal law regarding the privacy of student records called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, often referred to as FERPA. According to FERPA, personally identifiable information in an education record may not be released without prior written consent from the student,” according to the USC statement.

USC would not release specific details about the cases, Fox News reports.

Comment on this story

Last month, USC media relations specialist Ron Mackovitch confirmed the daughters were still at the school, according to NBC News.

  • "We have confirmed that both Olivia Giannulli and Isabella Giannulli still are enrolled,” USC media relations specialist Ron Mackovitch said in a statement to NBC News. “USC is conducting a case-by-case review for current students and graduates that may be connected to the scheme alleged by the government and will make informed decisions as those reviews are completed."