SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Evans’ facial hair (or the lack thereof) has been a subject of debate among Marvel’s “Avengers” fans. Does he look better with it or without?
This week the stars of the film weighed in with their own opinions on Evans’ facial hair during a press conference for “Avengers: Endgame.”
What happened: The cast of “Avengers: Endgame” was asked to raise their hands if they preferred Captain America with a beard or without one.
The resultsComment on this story
- Chris Evans responded to the question with “I prefer bearded Cap” during the press conference.
- Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Don Cheadle and the Russo brothers voted in favor of a bearded Cap as well, according to Uproxx.
- Brie Larson was slower to decide but eventually raised her hand in favor of the beard.
- Danai Gurira, Karen Gillan and Paul Rudd raised their hands in favor of clean-shaven Cap. Rudd initially raised his hand in favor of bearded Cap, too, suggesting he’s a fan of both looks.
- Robert Downey Jr. said, "I'm going with neither. I like Chris Evans with a beard with prosthesis over it, when Joss Whedon asked him to come do the tag for the first Avengers." Downey referred to the shawarma scene in “The Avengers,” where Evans wore a prosthetic jaw to cover facial hair that he needed for another film he was in at the time called “Snowpiercer.”
Fans shared their own preferences when it comes to Evans’ beard.
“Avengers: Endgame” hits theaters April 26.