SALT LAKE CITY — Donny and Marie Osmond just explained a little bit more about why they decided to end their Las Vegas residency run, according to Fox News.
Entertainment Tonight caught up with Donny Osmond and asked him why he and his sister, who have performed in Vegas for more than a decade, want to leave their run.
- "Why? Why not?" Donny told ET.
- He added, "There’s so many projects we want to do individually. She’s got her career, I've got my career… We had no idea it would be 11 years. We started out as a six-week contract and here we are 11 years later."
Marie Osmond told ET that rumors kicked up about a family feud.
- “We announced this and the next day they were like, 'Oh (they're) fighting,'" she said.
- “Oh yeah,” Donny added.
- "And I’m like, 'Oh come on, we get angry at each other every day. Come on,'" Marie Osmond added.
Marie Osmond explained on “Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen” back in January that the two were giving up the show because it’s something they’ve always wanted to do, according toEntertainment Tonight.
- "We say it every year and then we do another year," Marie said. "We're kind of thinking this year. We decide 10 years and then you turn it to 11. And so we're just thinking maybe this year, but I don't know."
Flashback: I spoke with Donny Osmond after he was revealed to be the Peacock on “The Masked Singer.” He told the Deseret News that he has a new album in the works and he is writing a play that he hopes will make it to Broadway.