SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for April 1.
Meet Jenny Wilson, the new Salt Lake County mayor.
A United Nations conference will be held in Utah instead of New York for the first time ever.
A neighborhood in Sandy, is frustrated as the City Council moves forward on a new development proposal.
A look at how a lifelong struggle with scoliosis prepared principal artist Beckanne Sisk for Ballet West’s “Onegin.”
A look at our InDepth coverage:
- Inside the story of how one Utah Orthodox rabbi's decision to talk about sex abuse is bringing change to the world
- What Lori Loughlin, Olivia Jade and the college scandal can teach parents about letting their children fail
- Why President Donald Trumpsays Mexico is 'all talk and no action' when it comes to stopping illegal immigration
- Why Facebook and Instagram are banning white nationalism and white separatism, and why some think it's a problem
- High-profile suicides of people affected by Parkland, Sandy Hook shootings raise question of how to help those who struggle after trauma
- Did the media get the Mueller report wrong?
A look at our top-read stories:Comment on this story
- 2019 Deseret News All-State Boys Basketball teams
- ‘I wanted to be seen’: Seven pregnant dancers take the stage at BYU show
- New theory says 'When Calls the Heart'could kill off Lori Loughlin's character Abigail Stanton
News from the U.S. and world:
- While the rich world braces for future climate change, the poor world is already being devastated by it | CNN
- A rural county owes $28 million for wrongful convictions. It doesn’t want to pay. | The New York Times
- Some of the greatest April Fools' pranks of all time | CNN
- Trump, Putin and a possible ‘red-line moment’ in Venezuela | The New York Times
- Eight steps to shrink the Israeli-Palestinian conflict | The Atlantic