SALT LAKE CITY — The TV show “Gotham” just gave us our first look at Batman.
- “Gotham,” which will finish its five-season, 100-episode run next month, tells the story of Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) as he investigates Gotham City’s crime circuit and works to save the city.
- The show, set in the same world as the “Batman” comic series, shows the rise of Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) into Batman. However, the show has punted on actually showing the young Bruce wearing the famous cape and cowl.
- Until now. The “Gotham” Twitter account shared a poster on Twitter that gave us our first glimpse of Batman. “The Dark Knight is upon us,” the poster’s text reads. See the photo below:
- The Wrap reported that Mazouz will play the Batman character in the show’s final two episodes, which take place 10 years after the other episodes.
- John Stephens, the show’s executive producer, told The Wrap, “The face that you see under the cowl is 100 percent David Mazouz’s face. We’ll hear (his) voice as well, and his own Batman growl.”
- The opening episode of the two-episode finale is called “They Did What?” The episode will focus on Bane (Shane West) enacting his final plan to destroy Gotham. Gordon will rally Gotham’s villains of old to take him down. And, apparently, Batman makes an appearance.