SALT LAKE CITY — Lori Loughlin’s daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli is reportedly at risk of losing her beauty trademarks, The Blast reports.
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office could abandon her applications for trademarks such as “Olivia Jade Beauty” and even “Olivia Jade,” according to The Blast.
Officials reportedly believed her applications for “makeup kits,” "moisturizer” and concealer" are too broad to earn full trademarks.
The office also called out Olivia Jade's punctuation mistakes as another reason to deny her request.
- “Proper punctuation in identifications is necessary to delineate explicitly each product or service within a list and to avoid ambiguity,” officials wrote, according to The Blast.
The office reportedly reminded Olivia Jade that “commas, semicolons and apostrophes are the only punctuation that should be used."
What next: Olivia Jade will have one more opportunity to submit her application. This will be her second time submitting the documents so she’ll be at risk of seeing her entire application thrown out, Elle reports.
Context: Olivia Jade's life has been in turmoil as a result of the college admissions cheating scandal. Her parents, Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, were accused of paying $500,000 in bribes so that their two daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Giannulli, could be crew recruits for the University of Southern California. Neither of them participated in crew.
- As a result of the scandal, Sephora dropped their partnership with Olivia Jade, who released a palette last year with the company.
- "After careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade, effective immediately," a Sephora spokesperson told Refinery29 earlier this month.
- Olivia Jade also lost endorsement deals from TRESemme and Estee Lauder as a result of the scandal, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Olivia Jade and her sister remain students at USC, according to the university, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
Bigger picture: A source told Entertainment Tonight that Olivia Jade is “really angry with her parents because she told them she did not want to go to college and she was pushed.”1 comment on this story
- "She has been passionate about her career and wanted to work and was doing well but that wasn't enough," the source said, according to Fox News. "Her parents said she would have to juggle college and her career. Now she's devastated because everything she built imploded before her eyes. She feels they ruined everything.”
School: One source told E! News that Olivia Jade won’t return to school, according to Elle.
- "Olivia Jade has decided to not return to USC and wants to take a full break from going back to school," a source told E! last week, according to Elle. "She is very distraught and is in crisis mode."