SALT LAKE CITY — A poster for “Star Wars: Episode IX” has leaked and gives us our first look at the upcoming “Star Wars” film.
- It should be noted that this poster is no way official and is a reported leak.
- The poster, which was first dropped on r/StarWarsLeaks sub-Reddit, shows essential “Star Wars” characters like Rey (Daisy Ridley), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), Finn (John Boyega) and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) in your traditional “Star Wars” pyramid design.
- The poster includes red stormtroopers and what appears to be the Knights of Ren, who were referenced in “The Force Awakens” as Kylo Ren’s partners in crime.
Legit?: According to What Culture, “the poster almost certainly isn't going to be the official poster used to promote the movie in theatres, but it does seem to be legit rather than a fake.”
- And the poster “designs match up with most of what's been reported … too closely for it to be the work of a faker, which means it's most likely a reference poster for merchandise and other marketing materials.”
- WhatCulture references leaks about the plot made by Making Star Wars.
- We won’t spoil those leaks for you here. But several rumors about the film’s plot seem to line up with the newly leaked poster.
Observations: The Geekiverse had a breakdown of 10 observations about the poster that you should read. It mentions the following:
- The Knights of Ren finally appear.
- Lando Calrissian, who is slated to appear in “Episode IX,” isn’t on the poster.
- Kylo Ren is wearing a mask again.