SALT LAKE CITY — “Fortnite” has a small update coming that will introduce some new content.
Epic Games released its patch notes for the 8.20 patch, which will add a new limited time mode called “The Floor is Lava,” which literally puts gamers in an area surrounded by lava.
The new patch will include the Poison Dart Trap, which can be placed at various places in the game. When triggered, it fires darts at opponents, who will be slowly damaged over time.
Here’s a breakdown of the patch notes.
Floor is Lava: The game mode will see players drop onto the map.
- Lava will slowly rise from the lower parts of the map. Gamers will need to drop in and grab materials and weapons.
- The objective is to reach the high ground (presumably the volcano) before the end of the game and survive their opponents’ attacks.
- Touching the lava will automatically apply damage to you.
- There will be a unique elimination message when you die by lava.
Poison Dart Trap: You’ll find the trap around the map.
- You can place it on walls, floors and ceilings to trap opponents.
- It will fire poison darts at opponents.
- When hit by a dart, players will suffer damage over time.
- Specifically, gamers will see 10 health damage per tick. There will be eight ticks over a seven-second period, which will release total damage of 80.
Fixes: The Buried Treasure Map indicator has been improved to help gamers find treasure a little easier.
- Pirate Cannons were fixed so that people can use the cannon without moving it.
- The patch also fixes a bug that would send gamers in a different direction than they planned when they enter the cannon.
The Church News is an official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The publication's content supports the doctrines, principles and practices of the Church.