SALT LAKE CITY — “Fortnite” dropped the patch notes for the latest update on Tuesday.
Fortnite — a free-to-play battle royale game — often releases weekly patches, which fix nagging bugs in the game, introduce new weapons and add new gameplay details. Sometimes some have more additions and subtractions than others.Comment on this story
- This week's notes for the game's patch feature a new weapon — called the Flint-Knock Pistol — which takes on the pirate theme for season eight.
- The weapon will be available in different rarities and can be found easily as floor loot.
- The weapon will knock the shooter backward and even knock back opponents if they are nearby when the shots are fired. The gun will only have one reload after each shot.
Unvaulted: The game brought back the impulse grenade.
Limited time mode: There’s a new limited time mode called “One Shot,” in which every player only has 50 percent health, according to the patch notes.
- The game mode will have lower gravity than normal.
- The Storm wait time has been reduced.
- The only weapons include hunting rifles and sniper rifles.
Read more over at Epic Games' website.