SALT LAKE CITY — A Texas homeowner thought he had just “a few” snakes under his home. It turns out there were dozens under there.3 comments on this story
- CBS News reports that the homeowner, who thought he only had a few snakes under his home, called Big Country Snake Removal for help.
- The group found 45 rattlesnakes under their home, which was about 150 miles west of Dallas. The company posted an 18-minute video of the removal, which has been watched more than 300,000 times, too, according to CBS News.
- The company said the Texas homeowner crawled under his home after his cable service was disrupted from a heavy amount of wind. He found a few snakes under there and crawled out.
- Little did he know there were dozens of snakes waiting for him.
Bigger picture: The company told USA Today that a lot of homeowners "don’t think it can happen to them.”
- “Rattlesnakes don’t care how nice your house is or what kind (of) car you drive — they care simply about survival,” the company’s Facebook post said, according to Fox News.
According to CBS, more snakes will be found underneath Texas homes as the weather warms up. Officials told the Associated Press that one to two people die every year in Texas from venomous snake bites.