SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Feb. 8.
There’s a “fallback” plan for Utah Medicaid expansion in the works. Here’s what it might look like.
A new Utah facility will turn food waste into renewable energy. Read more.
Brad Rock writes that the Utah Jazz are treading water until summer, which is when they do their best work on team management front. Read more.
Check out a list of Utah’s 2019 Sterling Scholar candidates.
There’s a reason why President Donald Trump continues to be a controversial figure for people of faith. Read more.
A look ahead to your weekend:
- Your weekend: All you need is love (and this Utah chocolate festival)
- Here's a look at Pixar's 'Bao' and the 4 other animated shorts up for an Oscar
- Kincade Upstill: Fox renewed 'The Simpsons' for two more seasons. Next, it should head to Broadway
- Movie review: 'The Lego Movie 2' is likable. But is it lovable?
- Ballet West's Christopher Ruud to spread his wings after final 'Swan Lake' performance
A look at our most read stories:Comment on this story
- BYU students start 'Bachelor of Provo' YouTube series that's going viral in Utah for its awkward charm
- No deals for Utah Jazz as Ricky Rubio steals the trade-deadline show on Twitter
- A Utah Orthodox rabbi said his childhood nanny sexually abused him for 10 years. Here's why he decided to tell his story for the first time
- Court rules for religious student group in clash between LGBTQ, religious rights
- 'The Masked Singer' reveals new clue about the Peacock. Here's how it connects to Donny Osmond
News from the U.S. and world:
- Supreme Court stops Louisiana abortion law from being implemented | NPR
- Storm slams central U.S., bringing blizzard conditions, ice, floods, thunderstorms | USA Today
- Year before killing, Saudi Prince told aide he would use ‘a bullet’ on Jamal Khashoggi | The New York Times
- U.S. aid arrives at Colombia border despite Maduro rejection | AJ Jazeera
- Jeff Bezos’ investigator believes ‘government entity’ may have obtained texts: WashPo reporter | Fox News